That McDowel interview...

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
That thing was really funny. I was happy when his character killed Captain Kirk. I liked Kirk and all, but it really was time to move on. And I didn't feel much at a loss when he died. How old is that interview anyway? I met Malcolm once when he was doing Firestarter 2 here in Utah. I got him to sign my WC4 game which was pretty cool. What was funny was when I asked him about working on WC3 and 4 he just laughed and said something like, "Oh yes, I was Admiral Tolywn. That's all I really remember about it anymore though." He was actually a really nice guy to me and casually swore about things a lot. The crew he worked with said he swore a lot too.

He also happens to be quite gay, AFAIK. not that it makes the least bit difference. He's a very good actor, and Clockwork Orange is probably his greatest work ever. Pitty he didn't get any more great roles like that.

I can't seem to find any references on the interweb to Mr. McDowell being gay - and one of his responses in this recent interview would seem to imply that he is not.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Edited to add: Perhaps you're thinking of *Roddy* McDowall (Planet of the Apes et al)? He was openly gay.

Wasn't there an interview where he said he brought the game (WC3 or 4?)home for his kids to play on the computer, but as it turned out they had a Mac so it didn't work?

Strangely, Malcolm was married to Kier Duella's ex-wife. One of Malcolm's big movies was "A Clockwork Orange" while Kier's was "2001: A Space Oddisey", both directed by Stanley Kubrick.

(Come to think of it, Kier lives about 20 minutes away from me. He's suppose to be some "theater" actor now and hates working with film/television)

So Alex waited until Bowman was taken by the monolith to hit on his wife? evil.
Well, you people seem to be right, usually being married is not an evidence of being hetero, but the guy was married 3 times and has kids and all... I had this notion because a friend of mine who knows a *lot* about cinema and especially about Kubrick told me an anedocte about how terrible it was to be on the Caligula movie for MacDowell, considering he was gay and he had to screw a lot of girls in that movie.

But that is surelly not evidence enough, I'm aware.

So, even though there is nothing wrong with being gay, I take it back, Malcolm McDowell is not gay. Not that it would make a difference, IMHO.

Aside from McDowell's various marriages and flings over the years, I don't think your friend knows jack shit about the movie Caligula. And by jack shit, I mean nothing at all.

That Malcolm McDowell interview was my first clue that WC was still alvie beyond WC2 - I had assumed that that whole thing had died as of 93, basically... Then I saw the interview on TCC and went "Tolwyn?"

:D

Ripper said:
He must be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"The best thing I did was abuse myself when younger - I dabbled in everything, cocaine, booze, women - because now I don't have to do it anymore."

(Sounds more like he's a drugged up player to me)

Seeing I-Spy was painful, period.

Who do I talk to for getting back the hour and some change I spent watching that movie?

Sorry for saying this.

ANY ONE WHO SAYS KIRK SHOULD DIE SHOULD BE KILLED!!!!!!!!

I was pissed when he died, cause Picard buried him, and then they went to the Enterprise (Had to expect it with that movie being an odd numbered STfilm). He is undoubtably suprised that he wasn't brought back yet, at least for a cameo, I think Stewart is suprised too, since he said that Kirk would be back.

Unless you count the ST novels (written by the Shat(ner) and are quite good actually. Though ST has no where near the creative limitations put down by Lucas and SW, so none of the ST novels are considered canon.

Sorry for going off the thread, I just love Kirk. He would beat up Picard, outhink Sisko, and make it with Janeway, and knock Archer back to his "quantum" reality.

BlackJack2063 said:
Sorry for saying this.

ANY ONE WHO SAYS KIRK SHOULD DIE SHOULD BE KILLED!!!!!!!!

I was pissed when he died, cause Picard buried him, and then they went to the Enterprise (Had to expect it with that movie being an odd numbered STfilm). He is undoubtably suprised that he wasn't brought back yet, at least for a cameo, I think Stewart is suprised too, since he said that Kirk would be back.

Unless you count the ST novels (written by the Shat(ner) and are quite good actually. Though ST has no where near the creative limitations put down by Lucas and SW, so none of the ST novels are considered canon.

Sorry for going off the thread, I just love Kirk. He would beat up Picard, outhink Sisko, and make it with Janeway, and knock Archer back to his "quantum" reality.

Star Trek V was reason enough for Kirk to die. :p

And I can't say the same about Shatner's writing, or even ghost-writing, regarding those 'Kirk comes back, saves the day, makes out with the princess' books that they're calling Star Trek now. It's his time to rest, so let him die already.

And on topic, I'm wondering what bloopers might exist from WC4, myself. Pity we'll never see 'em.

He doesn't make out with the princess, matter of fact he gets married then his wife dies. He isn't the same Kirk as he was, it is more of a dark journey into a man who is forced to live in a world that he isn't a part of.
Ironically enough the Mckoy is still alive in the books, and Spock just died in the last book. I was taken aback with his portrayal of him, Picard is a main character too, and he is actually more of a dynamic character doing things for the good of others, Kirk just wants to retire but keeps getting dragged into them.
He does have help writing them, but he does most of it. You shouldn't bad mouth them until you read them, Shat has like 20 novels out from three different series maybe more, from his 6 (I think) Trek novels, god knows how many Tek War novels, and some other series that I can't remember the name of, it just has 3 books though.

Back