Thank you.

I'm personally contributing to standoff because I'm looking forward to playing it, but the fact I'm going to know the whole plot from recording the lines and many of the missions because I'll be programming them is a bit of a let down :(

Still theres plenty of projects I'm not involved with, and I'm looking forward to playing them, reading them and watching them (ahhh the diversity :))

Man........You guys (UE team) how much did you enjoy the game...Ofcourse you enjoyed it all these years,and when it finally released but from the point of a gamer??You knew everything,every mission,the plot.....
I enjoy it very much and I couldnt stop playing.What about you ??
You didnt have the same pleasure :(

Actually... I didn't know much of the plot. I kinda just wrote the music as it was needed. I saw the cutscenes, but I didn't actually play the game all the way through until our betas started being released. I had a great time the first time I went all the way through it, and I also had a great time working on it. Just because by the end I knew the story doesnt mean I didn't have pleasure in writing the music that would complement it.

Well, I still enjoy dogfighting Gratha. In fact, the first time a Gratha dropped a mine on me, I knew we had something ;). So, some of the missions I still enjoy as a challenge. Others not so much. And reading the fiction is frustrating at best. Since I wrote it, I generally end up thinking about how it could have been better rather than about its actual contents.

But hey, I get to listen to people saying they enjoyed UE... that's definitely fun :).

Since its final release I played it once or twice, read all the fiction in the correct sequence for once, yes I enjoyed many of the missions, however mission 3 I'd spent so long working on (and it wasn't even originally mine there was just so much to be added!) that I never wanted to see it again. :p

The fiction was great, it gave a real feel to the environment of the Dauntless and portrayed the characters very nicely.

I was kinda hoping for one final fiction after mission 10, though. :) The cutscene was awesome, but to see the reaction to within the Dauntless would have been nice. Or if UE2 continues from where UE left off, will we be seeing that in the prologue? :)

Either way.. from one writer(okay, not-officially) to the other, I thought the fiction was brilliant. Oh, and hey, if you never need an Australian voice, drop me a line ;)

Actually, so would I :p. I thought about doing that several times during the production, but didn't ever do it... what with the cutscenes and all, the ending already seemed to be on the heavy side. We were also worried that there might already be too much fiction for people to want to bother with - so, it just never happened.

And as for voices, Tempest, we'll undoubtedly need more when we get to that stage in UE2 ;). Whereabouts in Australia are you, anyway?

Actually, no, I'm down in Adelaide. :)

I know some people may have just left the fiction and enjoyed the movie scenes and the good old fashioned 'kill kill kill!' in the cockpit, but I'm sure there are also a lot of us who loved the fiction just as much.

I don't think you should worry about putting too much in. If people dont want to read it, that's their choice. Personally, I'd love to read anything that came my way. I like a good story-line to really propel the plot. :)

Back