Textured_Fighter for UT2004 map

Dishwasher

Commodore
Hi, I'm working on a wing commander based UT2004 map, and the work is going nicely. The only problem i'm hitting right now is texturing of custom Meshes. You can find an example in this screenshot.

http://margo.student.utwente.nl/cees/Dishwashers_UT2K4Maps

As you can see a friend of mine created a pretty good looking hellcat, the textures however are not all that (they are just an attempt of me to differ between certain areas on the hellcat cockpit, hull, etc.)

If there is anyone who can help me with the texturing of these babies then please contact me through this forum or via email ikmoetmijnemeel@hotmail.com.I've got the mesh file of the hellcat available in Maya 6.0 format and in .ASP wich is used to import meshes into UT.

Thanks in advance

Dishwasher

Wow, that looks pretty neat. I wish I could help with textures - but I know theres gotta be some lurkers around here who could help more than I.

Keep up the neato work.

Ghehe thanks for the reactions, as for the custom items and weapons? I won't be doing that.... yet, it's not ment to be a wc total conversion or something, just a wc inspired map. The basic idear of the map is that Liandri corp. has used a capship of a popular holosim game to be the model for a new arena. This also means that i will try to make the gameplay ideal for a UT capture the flag game and just add some familiair wc items to the scenery. There is also a basic idear to eventually create an onslaught map on different capships where you have to move from capship to capship using different fighters. That is however a longshot and it really depends on the amount of time I and the guy who makes the models (atm) have.

Pretty nice results with WC3D Meshes

Hey tolwyn, that was some excellent advice! I'm getting pretty nice results already with the wingcommander3D websites meshes. This offcours brings me to the following question: May I use these models in my map, or alter them a little to fit better (add landing gear etc). Offcours all the honours to the right people will be mentioned in the readme/docs.

Anyway Thanks for the advice and euh.. good luck with your wc saga work can't wait to play that mod ;)

If I'm lazy enough, I may just try to make a WC marine's rifle. Can't really promise anything, but - oh, what the hell I'll do it. What kind of poly count do the guns have?

Dishwasher said:
Hey tolwyn, that was some excellent advice! I'm getting pretty nice results already with the wingcommander3D websites meshes. This offcours brings me to the following question: May I use these models in my map, or alter them a little to fit better (add landing gear etc). Offcours all the honours to the right people will be mentioned in the readme/docs.

Anyway Thanks for the advice and euh.. good luck with your wc saga work can't wait to play that mod ;)

sure, go ahead... I may even give you WCS Thunderbolt and Hellcat, since they are outdated, but look infinite times better, than the models on my 3d website.

As for credits: please give credit to me, wc3d and of course, 3d artists

Bob McDob said:
If I'm lazy enough, I may just try to make a WC marine's rifle. Can't really promise anything, but - oh, what the hell I'll do it. What kind of poly count do the guns have?

weapon poly counts for unreal tournament 2004 can also run upto 3000 poly's (Like the avril) If u can make one in 3dsmax or maya format it should be possible to export it to UT2K4.

I think a Wing Commander version of the schock rifle or link gun could be pretty neat indeed :)... this could turnout to be quite a fun map.

Back