Technology gap between WC 3 and WCP

All of you have a really keen sense of the obvious.

You counter-pointed my post to death, not noticing that I'd already responded to your arguments. My point is, there ARE inconsistancies that have ALREADY been patched by fans like us, and authors of novels. But there are always more. That's all I was saying. Don't take things so defensively.

Wasn't the Rapier shaped something like an elongated Hellcat V?

How about the Morningstar? That fighter was too good just to vanish into obscurity...unless the jump drive problem wasn't solved.

The Morningstar was great because she had the means to destroy a capship and not being a bomber. But as the cap ships of today (i.e. the WC future) can withstand a mace attack, she is not as superior as she was n WC2. But in WC2, she was very good, no argument.

The Morningstar did, indeed, enter front line service after SO2 -- it's mentioned in the Academy manual.

If one bloody Mace doesn't kill a capship, put another one on!

Even better, make it a BIGGER nuke :)

I think that you should have a wingman named Duke Nukem in the Morningstar Missions :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Morningstar did, indeed, enter front line service after SO2 -- it's mentioned in the Academy manual.

What about the Mace, then? I know you can get them in WC4, but otherwise they were neither mentioned in WC3 or WCP, so are they still useful, and would they be a threat for WCP capships? Do you know the stats for the mace, I'd expect a tactical nuke should put a great punch...

It seems that the ships from WC3+ can withstand a mace attack. But it is true that they should have found some method to build a stronger nuke. Perhaps it would be uneconomic...

"Duke Nukem", don't be silly. ;)

Duke Nukem as an injoke? How would that be silly? After all, they did have Maniac say at the ending WC3 credits "isn't that the guy from Star Wars" (or words to that effect).

Duke Nukem...wasn't Duke4ever meant to be coming out on PC...like 4 years ago??? :( I miss Duke, I miss the violence, I miss the babes!!!

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
It seems that the ships from WC3+ can withstand a mace attack. But it is true that they should have found some method to build a stronger nuke. Perhaps it would be uneconomic...

"Duke Nukem", don't be silly. ;)
If I remember it right, Frahlthis of WC 2 could withstand it,too, it just required one Torpedo less to take them out, so it makes sense that they were less effective in WC3. I think, however, that the electromagnetic pulse (EMP) of the nuke should be kind of a threat for the shield generators and the electronics.

Building stronger nukes is expensive, of course. However I think that they should have found better methods of isolating U-235 in the 27th century, as well as they certainly have constructed breeding reactors, so that Plutonium shouldn't be so hard to get in sufficient quantities to make bigger nukes. Hydrogene bombs are no problem either, as Deuterium could be extracted from gas- giants.

What about the normal Torpedos? Are they conventional or nuclear, too?

Remember, people, and I can't stress this enough...
WC1 = Fralth*i*
WC2 = Fralth*ra*

Torpedoes are anti-matter weapons.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Remember, people, and I can't stress this enough...
WC1 = Fralth*i*
WC2 = Fralth*ra*
Hence the similarity in class... due to their similar names... :p
Same applies to all the WC2 fighters (except the Strakha and Gothri, which were new :)).

Could a Fralthra really sustain a Mace attack? This seems strange as she only needed 2 torps to be destroyed, just like a Ralatha. And a Ralatha could not survive a Mace.

Never get close to a ship when you Mace it... the kickback from the explosion sucks. And don't afterburn when you fire a torpedo... you'll be the victim.

Little tidbits I learned while playing WC2.

Oh, I loved doing that just for fun sometimes. The Mace fires so slowly, let one loose, then pitch down. BOOM! :)

Also, one time on a bombing run, my silly wingman and I converged on our torp run. I fired my torp, blew up his/her Broadsword, and the explosion toasted me too. D'oh! :)

Originally posted by Saturnyne
And don't afterburn when you fire a torpedo... you'll be the victim.
Huh? How so?
I always afterburn when doing a torpedo run with a Sabre...

Well yeah, obviously not while I launch it...
Get the lock-on, afterburn 'til you're at 5000 clicks from the target, drop the afterburner, wait to be down at 400kps again, at 2000 clicks from the target turn 180°, and then swiiiiiich... outta there at 1400 clicks per second... :cool:

Oh yeah, don't forget to fire the torpedo before you turn... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-28-2001 at 21:19]

Back