TCS Coral Sea

Thirdly, in 2665 you have accounted for around 45 Concordia Class ships, 8 Jutland Class ships, and 3 of the Pre-war Carriers. What happened to those ships? They almost just drop off the list at that point. I can't account for them all being destroyed anywhere....yeah, maybe you can explain this to me, it's got me scratching my head.

Forgot to reply to this part.

The less-than-or-equal to operator is to signify that Confed *could* have that many carriers at that point in time - since we don't know when individual ships are destroyed around that time. In 2666 it switches to knowing exactly how many ships are in the fleet. Those missing ships were *probably* destroyed over the course of the first twenty years of the war.

Thanks Loaf.

Any chance we'll see more things like this from you in the feature? Like a listing of all the fighters, there variants and their years of operation arranged in a nice neat table?

Jason_Ryock said:
If you saw it on Amazon, and don't own it (I presume, since you don't know it's name or are to lazy to check) how do you know it is an "extremely complete list"?

I do own it, it's called Aircraft Carriers of the World, 1914 to the Present: An Illustrated Encyclopedia you can find it on amazon here...http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=sr_1_25/103-3353585-9065450?v=glance&s=books
It covers all 14 nations that have built aircraft carriers and lists every class constructed by every navy, launch and service dates and when they were lost or scrapped. It has a lot of excellent pictures and info on each ship.

You're being kind of weird about this. Dund and the others are just trying to help you - even if it's not exactly what you want, the civic thing to say is "thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for".

Viper was trying to help by accusing me of being lazy? These people have no idea what I'm looking for, nor why. Instead of suggesting places I might be able to find what it is I want, they are suggesting I go buy a book that may contain the information I want but not in the manner I would like it presented.

I wonder if these people responding even READ my original post, which was me wistfully expressing my desire to see WWII Data arranged in such a neat and efficent manner, a complimant to your accomplishment. No doubt, instead they saw this as an oppurtunity to raise their affluency on the boards by gaining posts talking about nothing useful at all.

Hehe... yeah... I'm sure Dund, who's been around since the mid-90s, would bother posting on the Chatzone so he could somehow be thought to be more important by people who think postcounts mean something.

Especially, since he's bothered to make an entire 66 posts in, around, 3 years.

Think before you post.

Jason_Ryock said:
Viper was trying to help by accusing me of being lazy?
No, I was responding to you being an ass to people that were trying to help you find the information you were after.

C-ya

I would say that to the people who keep posting on this thread, TC. If I wanted a book, wouldn't I have bought one? In fact I have several books about Aircraft Carriers sitting on my shelf right now, and one that I'm reading for about the thirtith time.

Jason_Ryock said:
Did I say I wanted every nation? Did I say I wanted dates all the way back to 1914? Did I say I wanted to know all the class details? Did I say I wanted to know about the evolution of aircraft carriers? Did I say I wanted to know about the problems they faced? Did I say I wanted to know about the geometry of Aircraft Carriers?

I have a book for you, Dundradal:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_6/104-0287632-0368706?v=glance&s=books

Here's a book you should look into, Jason.

And while you're at it, how about you use Google or visiting your local library and do the research for the information you're seeking, instead of being lazy and trying to get people (the same ones to whom you're being a dick because they aren't spoon-feeding you information) to do your work for you?

Jason_Ryock said:
Actually Viper, I'm already more then halfway along on the process, it's something I started when I thought about it back in my ORIGINAL post.

Honestly though, I'm kind of surprised that it's not out there already. I assumed someone would have already created one, and Wing Commander being related to the Navy, perhaps someone here at CIC had stumbled across it. It was not through any part of lazyness on my behalf, in fact immediatly after posting that post I did about 60 differant searches in attempt to find a match that resembled what I was looking for, with no luck.

As for my needs, well I won't bother to debate that. Without Navy data to look at, I'd spend all day reading Wing Commander Novels, and then I'd probably end up like you...

I've found that when researching Naval History (And that's about it) I find the research quite fascinating, as opposed to say, working on a Research Paper for English. As a result, I have no problem spending countless hours working on looking up information. In fact, before I even did a search at another site, I already had SEVERAL sites in my favorites folder that have provided me with most (and I stress, not all) of the information I am desiring. All that remains is to finish arranging it in such a way as to make it presentable, as LOAF has done.

Boy, am I getting tired of this...did you read the rest of the thread before you posted? Did anyone?

Well, I finished it. But I lack a server to host it on, so no one gets to see it. =( I suppose if anyone would really like to, I can email it out, or dig up an old Geocities/Angelfire/Homestead site to host it at. Or I can post the raw code here, but it's in HTML so it wouldn't look right.

I'm working on a second one right now that's a compelation of the CVE-class carriers, but it's not done yet. I think I might start working on a US-Naval History site soon, I love this kind of stuff. =P

So to all of you who think I'm lazy, go stuff yourselfs.

TC said:
Hehe... yeah... I'm sure Dund, who's been around since the mid-90s, would bother posting on the Chatzone so he could somehow be thought to be more important by people who think postcounts mean something.

Especially, since he's bothered to make an entire 66 posts in, around, 3 years.

Think before you post.

Yeah I'm not exactly a volume poster, I read a lot, but usually don't reply to much. Anyways, try to help a guy and they go apeshit. Sometimes to get what you want you have to go through sources that tell you about more than you want to know.

Must be the solar flares I bet they are affecting his brainwaves.

And damn I have been around since like '94-'95 where does the time go???

Back