TC closing threads for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Valor NR
6) Talking about other subjects, even other space combat games, that are not directly related to WC is not the best idea. Proceed with caution.

If its not a WC based thread then it doesnt belong here
Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I read it, Rule <6> does not specifically state that non-WC based threads are forbidden - only that they are "not the best idea" and to proceed with caution (i.e. Rule <8> comes into play). I would also like to point out that there often seems to be a collective moan from the veterans whenever a weathered WC topic (Blair's death, the WCM, Privateer II, etc) comes up. :) And at some point in the future, even the WC afterburner color (red or blue IIRC) will be an old topic so maybe a few deviations here and there might not be so bad.

Moderators are always right, aren't they ? They can easily judge what has a link or not with WC... TC did his job, and other moderators did not blame him...

End of the topic...

Star Wars Music + WC Intro= WC Amiga Musical Intro

Heehee, it's like keeping this thread open is a joke, because it should be closed, but it complains about thread closing. In a somewhat-but-not-really related topic, has anyone else noticed that the opening music for the amiga WC is about as close as one can get to the star wars theme without getting sued?

WC Amiga music is supposed to sound like WC music did on a Roland MIDI card...

I'll know soon -- I finally bought me both an Amiga and a Roland card. :)

is it just me (I'm pretty sure it is) or does the WC intro sound a lot like the Star Trek theme?

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
In a somewhat-but-not-really related topic...
Then you mean completely unrelated. :)

...has anyone else noticed that the opening music for the Amiga WC is about as close as one can get to the Star Wars theme without getting sued?
Originally posted by Mav23
Is it just me (I'm pretty sure it is) or does the [Amiga] WC intro sound a lot like the Star Trek theme?
I'll wait for LOAF's, but judging from the posts, it doesn't look like it resembles any particular theme.

Re: Star Wars Music + WC Intro= WC Amiga Musical Intro

Has anyone else noticed that the opening music for the amiga WC is about as close as one can get to the star wars theme without getting sued?

You have it ass-backwards. John William's Star Wars theme is a brassy, louder and note-by-note rip-off of Erik Wolfgang Korngold's 1940s drama "King's Row".

Different moderation styles I suppose.... personally, I wouldn't close a thread just because it had jar-jar in it. Also, I'd make sure the posts were arranged first to last, like every other BB in the world. :p

But hey, that's why I run my own board, right? :D If things bother you so much, make your own site.

Re: Re: Star Wars Music + WC Intro= WC Amiga Musical Intro

Originally posted by LeHah

You have it ass-backwards. John William's Star Wars theme is a brassy, louder and note-by-note rip-off of Erik Wolfgang Korngold's 1940s drama "King's Row".

Well then, I'd have to say that the opening of the amiga's WC is a lot like "King's Row," if that makes you feel any better.

Originally posted by Shrike
Also, I'd make sure the posts were arranged first to last, like every other BB in the world.

That's a great idea. I mean...don't you love it when you're following a multi-page thread and you have to flip through a bunch of pages that you've already read and scroll way the hell down to the bottom of the last page just to see the latest posts?

(And just in case it wasn't painfully obvious to some of you, that last paragraph was drenched in sarcasm.)

Originally posted by WildWeasel
That's a great idea. I mean...don't you love it when you're following a multi-page thread and you have to flip through a bunch of pages that you've already read and scroll way the hell down to the bottom of the last page just to see the latest posts?
No, I just use the 'last page' button..... a handy feature indeed. And I really hate having to scroll down a long post, then scroll up to find the following post. Maybe if I come from Japan or read a lot of mangas I'd be used to reading bottom to top, but I'm not.

People who have time to complain about how messages are ordered at a Wing Commander posting board need to shoot themselves in the neck so they'll have something that's actually worth worrying about.

Re: Re: Star Wars Music + WC Intro= WC Amiga Musical Intro

Originally posted by LeHah

Actually, a lot of his music is ripoffs of other music. If youlisten to Mars: Bringer of War by Holst, then listen to the Imperial March, you will notice many many many similarities.

His new Across the Stars song is very similar to a song that I've heard before, but unfotunately i con't remember the name of it right now.

Arguably, all film scores are rip-offs of something else. Dark City? Stravinski's "Rite Of Spring". Gladiator? Mars: Bringer Of War.

I dont see why people persist that The Imperial March is such a knock-off of Mars. Gladiator is a quarter-note away from plagerism and not variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back