Tarawa's flight deck

Sarty said:
The logo is seen in Tolwyn's briefing for Captain Sansky. Whether or not it says Combined Forces, I cant remember.

towlyn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To the few remaning who are still interested, I've now begun to "accessorize" my flightdeck. Some people model spacefighters first and worry about the rest later-
for me it's the opposite, my first fighters models are to "furnish" my capships.
As you can tell, I'm a big observer of all that is 'Standoff' :)

What is that in the PIP? It looks sorta like a Ferret but not quite? Excellent job on this flight deck by the way, I like the texturing job you've done.

Maj.Striker said:
What is that in the PIP? It looks sorta like a Ferret but not quite?

yeah, it's supposed to be a ferret. why? doesn't it look sort-of the same?
what's "off" about it?

Marc said:
yeah, it's supposed to be a ferret. why? doesn't it look sort-of the same?
what's "off" about it?

Yeah, it looks sorta the same but just a little bit different. Brad's got some great shots there to compare with; you should be able to note the differences from those. Still, very nice work, I like it.

Marc said:
if a broadsword can't fit in on this ship there's no way a drayman or a hercules type ship can either :)

oh and the 410m is from FleetTactics.com

I based that number from Standoff's page first. They had it listed as 405.75m, and I added a few meters to compensate for any changes to the hull that might have come from WC3-era refits.

BradMick said:
heheheh....and my polygon smashing tools are bigger :D
Working on it. :p

psych said:
I based that number from Standoff's page first. They had it listed as 405.75m, and I added a few meters to compensate for any changes to the hull that might have come from WC3-era refits.
Yup, psych based his number on mine. I made it 405 meters long for no reason other than that I thought the hangar entrance had to be cramped enough for a Major to screw up landing a Ferret through it.

As several people have pointed out in this thread already, my model has lots of inaccuracies... so I don't think you should worry too much about the length I made up, Marc. You've got a great model there and I find the effort of modelling the ship to be as close to the book's descriptions as possible commendable. Keep up the good work. :)

"Fine piece of work, sir."

Damn. Fine-looking ship ya got there.

Makes me wish I was doing a mod based off of that.

Keep up the good work and you have got to put that baby to some good use in something.

Animations perhaps?

I'm out.

Iceblade said:
...you have got to put that baby to some good use in something.

Animations perhaps?

I'm out.

I'd be great, but two problems;
1- it's all in AC3D format, a format that is- to the best of my knowledge- useless.
2- I don't have a clue as to how, or with what, animations are made with 3Dmodels.

The file is, of course free to anyone who whants it.

"proggie"? I'll assume you mean the program... AC3D?

it's at http://www.ac3d.org
it's really neat, you can download it without buying it and it'll work for 14 days... then you have to buy a liscence key for about 50$.

Back