Taking out your friends

I can't remember ever killing the Armada Lexington.

I can't say that I've ever tried either. You'd have to do it when you were flying a Gladius or Banshee in the Gauntlet. Hmm anybody interested in trying to do this later?

ChrisReid I'm looking in your direction.

The other day I was out flying "with" Knight and he started spamming for assistance. So much so that as soon as one went away, the next came up, and I could no longer use the VDU.

This whole post got me laughing hardcore, but this sentence in particular really had me rolling. If the phrase "spamming for assistance" isn't a sign of our times, I don't know what is.

I envision walking up to my parents and describing someone as spamming for attention, and receiving nothing but a blank stare in response.

Then, I just kept laughing thinking of Knight yelling over and over and over again...

nice. :p

Hmm, I can understand the wish to kill your carrier once in a while because of frustration. But I always found that the time needed to do it was...too frustrating. It took so long.

I never attacked my carrier. And I never would. It just isn't right...
My only reason for attacking a friendly ship would be testing my missions after editing some events which have to do with the carrier attacked by friendy ships.

"Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist Maverick please assist"

Oh, how I wish I was kidding.

At any rate, I was severely disappointed by how WC3 handled carrier attacking- I liked being able to directly flay the armor from within, but it made it.... TOO easy. It should've automatically killed you if you were inside or too close, like in Starlancer, so they you'd have to get the heck out of there, or else only use the free ride to get so far and then finish the rest off from outside. Instead of just phasing out so that nothing happens.

Seriously, what are the odds the carrier would explode and NONE of the shrapnel or other fallout happens to go in my direction? It all goes _outward_?! but then when I'm too close to the ship, it still doesn't hit me- the ships either implode or explode, and the Kats are nice enough to make sure it doesn't affect me... (yes, this is all a result of the engine. #*@# that.)

I tried taking out the Concordia a couple of times when my frustration reached a peak...never quite pulled it off.

Although, I think I read somewhere in the threads that the Concordia could not be killed in-game...

Thats true, I've tried everything, a broadsword's entire payload, a mace accompanied by torpedoes, I'm pretty sure its the only ship that can't be taken down!

The Concordia can indeed be taken down as I recall, but it takes a lot.

Yeah, there's some confusion because most of the time the Concordia is actually invulnerable. Trying to use the debug code to kill her just crashes the game. There are a few key missions where she can be destroyed though, by the standard two torpedoes I believe. I snapped these pictures the last time this came up, because relatively few people have seen them. This is a few missions into Special Operations 1 if I remember right.

concordiadestruction1.gif

concordiadestruction2.gif

TCS William Tell is a story element whose destruction varies depending on how you fly. The Concordia's destructability is a result of the fact that "all fighters scramble defense" missions would be rather pointless otherwise...

It's often invulnerable during the scrambles too, but then sometimes they also only throw Sartha and Drakhri at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back