Taking out your friends

Can't recall. I probably have, if only because of being mistaken for a traitor due to friendly fire.

I've told this story before: I used the finger-of-death cheat/debug tool in Prophecy to see how many KIAs I could get on the killboard, as a counter to another play-through where I made sure none of my wingmen died (aside from the scripted ones). It eventually got to the point where starting a misison crashed the game with a message of something along the lines of "not enough pilots for squadron 2"! (ie Black Widow squadron)

Once took out the Claw by accident. Fired a dumbfire at a Cat without realising what was behind them, missed and blew away the heavily damaged Claw, but that was the only carrier. I've shot down Maniac every chance I could get however

I know I've purposely tried taking out all the carriers in WC1 through 3, but can't say I tried it in wc4, prophecy, or Secret ops. Though It's required, I guess the lexington in WC4 kind of counts.

I always disabled the Lexington, not shot it down.

Although I did accidentally blow up the Princeton when I was supposed to disable it

True, though I bet most people blew it up the first time. When I discovered how to leach the Lexington, I would use that option but I imagine every WC fan has destroyed her at least once so they can see the alternate video scene of the disabled/destroyed lexington floating in space.

True, though I bet most people blew it up the first time. When I discovered how to leach the Lexington, I would use that option but I imagine every WC fan has destroyed her at least once so they can see the alternate video scene of the disabled/destroyed lexington floating in space.

Could be yeah. When I get my copy of WCIV back out of storage, I'll have to shoot it down just the once.

Oh and I always used to disable the Intrepid before landing just for the sheer hell of it

Ask the BWS Intrepid for landing clearance, launch a full salvo of torpedoes towards the carrier, and then hit the autopilot for landing just before they hit.

You land successfully and hear the Mayday call at the same time. The ship doesn't blow up, nor do you get the traitor ending.

Maniac and mr.Cowardly Knight.... My favorite targets in WC1 :)
Always did kill Maniac before going for that Exeter we needed to protect. Without him shooting Salthis through me - it was much easier. And in the third mission he was of no help against those two Jalthis...

And as for Mr.Coward - He was never of any use in any mission.

P.S.
I do know that this is a question of game engine and an ancient AI which was never of any use.
But... WC was never an arcade for me. It was always a roleplay, and someone had to be the Mr.Coward. Khumalo suited the best for the role :)

I tried taking out the Concordia a couple of times when my frustration reached a peak...never quite pulled it off.

Although, I think I read somewhere in the threads that the Concordia could not be killed in-game...

I tried taking out the Concordia a couple of times when my frustration reached a peak...never quite pulled it off.

Although, I think I read somewhere in the threads that the Concordia could not be killed in-game...

Thats true, I've tried everything, a broadsword's entire payload, a mace accompanied by torpedoes, I'm pretty sure its the only ship that can't be taken down!

I knocked out the TC out of anger a couple of times.

I believed I knocked out the Gettysburg once or twice.

I can't remember ever killing the Armada Lexington.

I hated the Vic, so I killed it out of spite, along with its entire task force.

killed the blackmane once or twice.

Same with the Lexington.

... i never killed the Intrepid... never had to, it died on its own enough times.

I bombed the Midway enough times... (WAAAAAY too easy).

Did the same with the Cerberus.

In standoff, I killed every single thing you could kill.

The Concordia can indeed be taken down as I recall, but it takes a lot.

From what I remember, there is a mission where you fly a Broadsword, and the Concordia is being attacked by Grikaths. If you let them land a hit or two, it is *possible* to finish it off from there.

The Concordia can indeed be taken down as I recall, but it takes a lot.

From what I remember, there is a mission where you fly a Broadsword, and the Concordia is being attacked by Grikaths. If you let them land a hit or two, it is *possible* to finish it off from there.

And how are you planning to lock a torpedoe on a friendly vessel? Some fantasy you have, mister :)

Once they go to enemies on the radar I believe you can target them.

I remember the first time I tried to nail the Firekka in Standoff. Man, they get pissed. Fast.

The other day I was out flying "with" Knight and he started spamming for assistance. So much so that as soon as one went away, the next came up, and I could no longer use the VDU.

Pissed as much as a wet Kat, I went over and assisted the kilrathi with one last shot through the side of his ship, THEN assisted Knight. "Yeah, Colonel...er...it...it was a misfire. Seriously."

I killed the Claw once after discovering I couldn't do it myself from the rear, then had the kats help on a scramble mission (in retrospect, I should've shot out the sides). I also once turned and blew out the victory from within the hangar bay. Interesting, how it ALL goes away without ANY debris, and my ship's shields don't even dip a little...

TCS William Tell is a story element whose destruction varies depending on how you fly. The Concordia's destructability is a result of the fact that "all fighters scramble defense" missions would be rather pointless otherwise...

TCS William Tell is a story element whose destruction varies depending on how you fly. The Concordia's destructability is a result of the fact that "all fighters scramble defense" missions would be rather pointless otherwise...

Of course there are the Bonnie Heather and Gamal Gan scramble missions...

Bonnie Heather's the most invincible ship I had ever seen :)
Maybe all Confed needed was - load B.H. with a nuke and send it to Kilrah? ;)

Back