Survivors

We know Halcyon and Knight are dead from the "Good Losing Ending" of Wing Commander II, I.E., the one where you don't destroy K'Mang but instead blow up two Fralthras in Gwynedd. The conversation that plays when you shoot down Jazz in this ending is different from the one in the K'Tithrak Mang ending.

This is also raises some questions on who communicated with whom. Because Freedom Flight was written before Wing Commander II, and Hunter was alive in the novel. However, this quote seems to imply that he died on the Tiger's Claw. And apparently, the producers of Prophecy forgot this line when they brought up Iceman as well.

It is the loosing part of Wc2, continuity follows the winning path.

This is also raises some questions on who communicated with whom. Because Freedom Flight was written before Wing Commander II, and Hunter was alive in the novel.

I missed this.

No, it wasn't and no, he wasn't. Freedom Flight was written after Wing Commander 2 -- WC2 came out in 1991, FF in 1992. Hunter also doesn't "survive" the Tiger's Claw in the novel... the book ends with him heading back, expecting to join the fight for K'Tithrak Mang.

As for "who communicated with whom", one assumes that Ellen Guon, who wrote Freedom Flight, must at some point had a chance to sit down with Ellen Guon, who wrote Wing Commander II.

Then which Book does Hunter die in? I thought Freedom Flight was written in 1991 because I thought I saw something advertising for it in one of the Secret Missions packs.

Hunter dies in Fleet Action while protecting Paladin. His Ferret was struck by 6 IFF missiles.

Back