Surprised this hasn't come up...

Autopilot cutscenes, and more importantly autopilot. Something that every WC game with the eception of the "freak" WC games (Academy, Armada) had this and alot of people missed this when Prlogue was unable to pull it off at first.

Academy and Armada both have autopilot between nav points.

The tried and true WC key bindings (though the ability to EDIT them would be cool too). A definate need for a joystick matters too. Tried playing flight sims on Xbox360 with the controller and it just sucks to high heaven....after playing flight sims for close to 20 years with a joystick. WC1-WC2 it's doable with a controller in a more or less 2D environnment (it's 3D). Maybe more practice is just needed however. Couldn't stand how Freelancer was mouse controlled but I got used to that. But after 100's of hours I'm sure anyone could learn to drive their car with a mouse.

I'm not sure how WC1/2 had any more or less a 2D or 3D environment than WC3/4 or Prophecy/Secret Ops.

We all know Shotglass, Col Halcoon, Bondarsky, hell even a Tolwyn. So many important charactors in WC and so much history.

I sure miss ol' Halcoon. :)

Sorry for the earlier typo; ment Crackhead not chackhead... Though that may be a typo too...

I think more the issue was with Epiphany? Epitome? The word choice doesn't quite fit.

Autopilot cutscenes, and more importantly autopilot. Something that every WC game with the eception of the "freak" WC games (Academy, Armada) had this and alot of people missed this when Prlogue was unable to pull it off at first.

"Freak?" I wouldn't label them as such and as Chris mentioned both do have autopilot/ap cutscenes. The Armada ones are actually quite cool. The fighter spinning as it heads to its next navpoint.

Not really "freak" ~~~, more or less ment they were spinoffs.

LOAF. Crackhead WC fan has no bearing on you being addicted to the drug crack cocain. Ment your addiction and dedication to WC is equal to if not greater then that of the drug. I have cravings for WC aswell but you....you rank up there with Chris Robert IMHO. I've seen close to a dozen people, mostly fellow contractors and employees fall victom to crack cocain in the last couple of years...and it's a shame to see good people change...how they deteriorate so fast. LOAF, god bless you and your little heart.

I do get flack for my spelling alot here and in real life. Spelling is way far from being of my strong points. Ask me to work on a car, do concrete work, sewer, water, gas lines, HVAC, blacktop work, painting or demolition...I'm your man. Hech with as much reading and writing as I do you would think my spelling would be awsome or even that of a ten-yearold (can you belive I graduated high school at 16?). But when it comes to writing up bills and doing paperwork or even taxes...I'd rather be climbing down a manhole filled with raw sewage pulling tampons out of a grinder pump. Guess I'm just one of those guys who likes to work with my hands so to speak. ;) I just hope you can get a general idea of what I'm typing, if need be please feel free to ask for a "translation" :) All taking in good humor and I'm way far from being perfect.

I do get flack for my spelling alot here and in real life. Spelling is way far from being of my strong points. Ask me to work on a car, do concrete work, sewer, water, gas lines, HVAC, blacktop work, painting or demolition...I'm your man.

Heh, don't worry about it -- we're just ragging on the new guy :) I'm sure if anyone ever asked me to operate an HVAC then I'd probably cause some terrible disaster.

Heh, don't worry about it -- we're just ragging on the new guy :) I'm sure if anyone ever asked me to operate an HVAC then I'd probably cause some terrible disaster.

Yeah especially when you consider HVAC is just the acronym for the profession and not a specific device :p

Yeah especially when you consider HVAC is just the acronym for the profession and not a specific device :p

It was used interchangably for both on my recent job. I imagine proper usage of nomenclature depends on how anal the guys are.

HVAC= Heating, Ventalation and Air Conditioning.

Hey, aside from surfing the web if you asked me to build a web page...I've tried and they don't come up too pretty....if they come up at all. ;)
Most of the stuff I learned I did on the fly. I've hooked up furnices in houses and ran a few feet of gas line. My GC (general Contractor) asked if I could run gas line...I said yeah. Little did I know that he was going to send me off run gas line in Perrone Leather. there is a big difference between running 1/2", 3/4 black iron gas line and 3", 4". It's all the same basically just scaled up. Requiring...well buying alot of fun tools that I'll never use again and much more cursing. You live and learn, then you get loves...then depends.

Another good flight sim will come out. Like death it's simply a question of when. With the leaps and bounds fan made projects are doing why bother with the big companies. They for the most part are doing a great job and being fans themselves they know what aspects of the game people who love the game want. They're always looking for imput to improve the gaming experience. Keep it up!:D

Back