Steltek Ships Converted?

That's why I was a bit hesitant to actually put it in the mod....Even as a cameo type appearence ya know. So I'll probably be releasing the Vision engine Model....with the audio sounds.....So I'll put it in a zip and all anyone would have to do is unzip it to your SO directory on your computer... Now with that being said...Based on a few things which I'm not really to sure on how to do. The Steltek gun is going to replace your heavy maser in within the game files.(bullet.iff) So if your ok with that then I would recommend the download....but if your not ok with the Nephilim firing Steltek weapons at your then I would recommend against it...unless you actually change the loadout of the other ships using WCpedit, of all the Nephilim ships that use the Heavy Maser for I think tere's 2 fighters that use it. The audio is a tad off from the original due to me having less time last night to do it. But it's basically the same. Tonight I'll compile a zip and let it be available to download...

Awsome. Also, I really don't want to be a burden, but is it possible to also make that "Unknown Ship" aswell. If you don't wish to make it that's okay, but it would be really cool to have all of the known steltek ships, even if I have never faced any in combat.

No school for me tommarow, love Jr High school.

Oh, almost forgot, what will the Ship ID be? Alot of ships I download use the Piranha's ID. (that picture that shows the shields and armor of you or your target.)

Ok....I lied....Here's the zip!!! Have fun guys!! Click this...Do the Save As and go from there.

http://www.geocities.com/gokuirocz/SScout.zip

I haven't changed the ID... :( Sorry But....If I do the other ships I'll release a pack at one point.

I just noticed but the front of the ship looks like the Audrey II from Little shop of Horrors...Anyone else agree? "FEEEEEeed me Seymore!!!"

If there's any problems just lemme know...Also as a Note I recommend playing in some type of Hi-Res Model either Open GL or the Hi-Res DX Patch which ever works for you.

You could put it in as an easter-egg, as a non-mission/plot-related item, just flying by within just enough clicks to catch up with/engage it. maybe relate some bonus to it(steltek-gun refitted sabre that proves to be unstable in the next mission?)

A good rule of thumb for all quality fan fiction is to never, ever involve the Steltek.
Reminds me of star trek's Q; "Do not provoke the borg!"

Or...

If it is in WC:CD, then maybe, just maybe, it can be used for simulator missions, if their is a Sim in WC:CD.

Like one mission is a Confed Fighter Gauntlet, another is a Kilrathi Fighter Gauntlet, another a Nephilim Gauntlet, a Black Lance (or Border Worlds) Gauntlet, and finally a Steltek Gauntlet.

Like one mission is a Confed Fighter Gauntlet, another is a Kilrathi Fighter Gauntlet, another a Nephilim Gauntlet, a Black Lance (or Border Worlds) Gauntlet, and finally a Steltek Gauntlet.

I'm not sure you understand the Steltek.

I'm not sure you understand the Steltek.

Not really, all I know is that the Steltek was an alien race that existed in Confed controlled space billions of years ago. In the game, Wing Commander: Privateer, a few Steltek ships are found, including a Steltek Drone, with destroys much before it's own destruction.

Love it, love it, love it. Also, I noticed different sounds from other guns. For example, the Ion Cannon sounds different, the Gorgon Heavy also sounds different. The Chain Ion looks and sounds different. The Turrented Laser also looks and sounds different. The changes are actually improvments and make missions alot more fun. I also edited the Scout, so they are easier to kill with Secret Ops weapons. I also made 2 versions of the Scout. The original (with less shield power), and a stronger one with improved speed and alot more weapons, including missiles, which shoot from nowhere. I also changed the mesh so the Devastator looks like a Scout. I am also working on the Ship Viewer language file so it has information on Steltek Scouts. I have questions for you, JasonRocZ:

1) Why does the ship only work correctly in Hi-Res?

2) What is with so many pal files?

3) Will the Steltek return in any shape or form in WC:CD?

4) Are you working on the drone? If so, when will it be completed?

5) Are you working on any other Steltek ships that will be posted for download?

And finally, I love the new "swoosh" sound the ship makes when you pass it. Very cool.

--Lt. Overload (AKA Anthony "Smarty")

1) Why does the ship only work correctly in Hi-Res?
I'm not too sure actually... I know the texture mat is 512x512 that might make a difference. I'm not sure. I was using Open GL patch when I made it.

2) What is with so many pal files?
Other ships that are in the mod, some have to use certain pals

3) Will the Steltek return in any shape or form in WC:CD?
It will probably be in the mod files but I'm not sure if it will be used.

4) Are you working on the drone? If so, when will it be completed?
I'll work on it tonight

5) Are you working on any other Steltek ships that will be posted for download?

And finally, I love the new "swoosh" sound the ship makes when you pass it. Very cool.

I'll start working on the Unknown ship that's in the Derelict hanger after the scout but....that one will be more time consuming and yes the new swoosh sound is more or less a test for alien craft to see when i'm playing if it can be as annoying as the original nephilim fly by sounds, if it's much less annoying I'm going to use that sound instead...there are alot of sounds that have been changed for the WC:CD mod and some of which you hear as they are right now :) Of course there will be different sounds added but I just included a few more or less as a taste that I've been workin on hard on the project :)

I'm glad that you enjoy the Scout :) I love the turreted laser sound!! I can't get over it.. I think I heard it in WC3 in one of the movies that were played... I think it was towards the end, or it's one of the WC3 gun sounds i can't remember.. Also the textures for the turreted lasers are the ones that are going to be used in the WC:CD mod, I've yet to change the Turreted Tachyons

I'm telling you, the Scout is one of the better ships I've downloaded. I don't know if it's the texture, or even the new weapon, but the Scout is one of the best ships I flown with or against.

Back