Steltek Ships Converted?

Lt.Overload

Rear Admiral
I was wondering if any Steltek ships have been made downloadable for the Vision Engine (WCP/SO Games). In other words, can I download Steltek ships for WCP/SO?

That question is....Yes there are Steltek Models....and NO there's is none that have been made for the Vision engine...due to the 1200 Poly count... I think the few Steltek models out there are in the thousands (2000-5000)... but....it is possible to make as anything but....it's a little difficult because of some many round surfaces. But possible

As long as you are still able to encounter the ships without the game engine crashing, yeah...

but, are the steltek not far too powerfull to encounter as ally or enemy?

For what it's worth, it'd be pretty damn easy to come up with a 1200 poly version of any steltek ship... yes they are all rounded, but they are much simpler designs than the pre-WC3 Kilrathi ships which also have a lot of rounded parts. Take a half dozen spheres or geospheres, distort them around to match reference images, boolean, clean up the boolean, end of story.

What about the ship inside the space wreck, from where you get the gun? Never seen that one anywhere else.

There are 3 Steltek Ships,
1 - The Drone
2- The Scout
3 - Unknown fighter that was in the Derelict (Abondoned ship hanger)

I think the drone is more of an automated type weapon as opposed to the scout which (Looked) as if it was piloted by some type of being.. the Unkown fighter (We don't know who pilots the unknown fighter. But I would love to see either Scout or the Unkown fighter) I'll probably work on one of them if someone picks one they want to work on. I'll work on the other one. :)

There are 3 Steltek Ships,
1 - The Drone
2- The Scout
3 - Unknown fighter that was in the Derelict (Abondoned ship hanger)

I think the drone is more of an automated type weapon as opposed to the scout which (Looked) as if it was piloted by some type of being.. the Unkown fighter (We don't know who pilots the unknown fighter. But I would love to see either Scout or the Unkown fighter) I'll probably work on one of them if someone picks one they want to work on. I'll work on the other one. :)

I don't have the game with Steltek ships but I have a strange feeling that unknown ship can possibly be and Scout and a Drone. In other words, a ship that doesn't need a pilot but a pilot can fly it. Like a Drone with a cockpit of Steltek people.

I don't have the game with Steltek ships but I have a strange feeling that unknown ship can possibly be and Scout and a Drone. In other words, a ship that doesn't need a pilot but a pilot can fly it. Like a Drone with a cockpit of Steltek people.

What makes you think that?

"Unknown ship" is just a pile of junk they threw in there to have something to stick the Steltek gun to. It's just a generic fighter-like wreck.

"Unknown ship" looks better then scout tough. And you can see that the cockpit was opened so it could house a living thing there.

Picture of the "Unknown" fighter straight from Privateer

Attachments

• derelictship_weapon.png
    derelictship_weapon.png
    184 KB · Views: 138
Now that brings back some fond memories. I remember first time getting there and seeing that ship, thinking I absolutely want to fly that one. Alas it wasn't meant to be so instead we got the steltek gun, but even that for limited time*sniff*.

Imagine parts of it glowing green.

(That said, it's four billion years older than the Scout -- try finding the similarities between an F-22 and whatever humans were using that long ago.)

Here's a shot that I made using a model I found...Not textured at all. But it wouldn't be able to be used in vision engine, It's way over the 1200 poly count. It's in the WC3d collection...for anyone who needs a reference...If anyone knows was this the model used for that shot?

Attachments

• StelkF01.jpg
    StelkF01.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 117
Yes, that's the model used in the gameflow screens. I think there are a few different versions of it in that pack.

(A fourth Steltek ship is the derelict itself, which seems to be some sort of carrier or battleship.)

Back