Status of WC

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

My intensely sarcastic reply to your followup post was a result of my annoyance that you decided to turn this thread into yet another movie-bashing session. Get over it, people.

I didn't really *bash* the movie....I simply noted the similarity between the Tiger Claw and a Mon Calamari Cruiser....the thing about Buffy I didn't even really put into a WC context....Buffy the TV show WAS totally different than the movie....

And about me saying that people thought the movie sucked and therefore the show would suck if it was based on the movie wasn't based on MY opinion. I was actually thinking the other day a movie-show might actually be pretty cool. I was just saying that GENERALLY, if a movie did bad they wouldn't make a show out of it.

I didn't really *bash* the movie....I simply noted the similarity between the Tiger Claw and a Mon Calamari Cruiser....the thing about Buffy I didn't even really put into a WC context....Buffy the TV show WAS totally different than the movie....

So you didn't... EXCEPT WHEN YOU DID? Groan, CZ logic. :)

No, it's not very good. It doesn't stand alone very well at all. Read the book before you see the movie or you'll think it's awful. Many scenes and subplots were cut and it ended up not making much sense.

It's visually quite stunning, though. And the acting is good. The plot just makes no sense without being put in context of what's *supposed* to be happening.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

So you didn't... EXCEPT WHEN YOU DID? Groan, CZ logic. :)

But....I really didn't bash it....and if I did come off as bashing it, I didn't mean it....

Anyway, I agree with you on the visuals though. The special effects and sets and everything were very well done. The ship explosions were the best i've seen.

::Makes the ass-kissing gesture, ala Maniac to Catscratch in WC4::

*Smiles at the memory of Catscratch's look* Ah... WC4, that was a Game!

[Officer Barbrady] Move along, there's nothing to see here! Carry on with whatever you were doing before. [/Barbrady]

Originally posted by TC

Ah... Freedom Flight, that was a Book!

That was a great book! I like the part where Hunter kicks the Cat in the yahoo's and Kirha says, "That was not very honorable."

Originally posted by vax That was a great book! I like the part where Hunter kicks the Cat in the yahoo's and Kirha says, "That was not very honorable."

No...the best part was when Kirha couldn't figure out how to use the toilet...

Pretty much any part in that book that included Hunter was interesting... almost wish he didn't die in FA. But then you wouldn't have a reason to be vengeful next time you play WC3. Ohh wait yeah they killed Angel too. Why couldn't they just kill Maniac and leave the rest alone? :D j/k

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Pretty much any part in that book that included Hunter was interesting... almost wish he didn't die in FA. But then you wouldn't have a reason to be vengeful next time you play WC3. Ohh wait yeah they killed Angel too. Why couldn't they just kill Maniac and leave the rest alone? :D j/k

hehehe...cause if they killed Maniac i'd be pissed off...he's the best part of WC!

Think how boring WC would have been without the Maniac... From classic quotes such as "I have four queens" and "Does he pat you like that"... great stuff... I didn't miss Angel one bit... Hunter was cool though but he's no Maniac...

Originally posted by Millzy
Think how boring WC would have been without the Maniac... From classic quotes such as "I have four queens" and "Does he pat you like that"... great stuff... I didn't miss Angel one bit... Hunter was cool though but he's no Maniac...

Angel was the person that added that 'romantic' feeling. When she died, it took a little bit from the game.

Back