Starlancer

Last time I played (a few months ago) I had got to Mission 23 (Re doing the whole game) and I had got most if not all of the Mission Bonuses before that mission. I always kick Pirate Butt

Show off!! It is only ever the Demon pirates that I have problems with, and only then because I have a really old computer and experience major slow down in the fog!!

Prophecy rocked! and secret ops was good, but not much story behind it, infact there was mostly blowing up masses of enemy ships, its like the ppl said "hey, just for fun lets stick in millions of fighters to make it seem longer in mission" but yet, blowing up things is what I got it for :D

I would love to see a SL sequel, it would rivive it a bit, right now only 2 clans remain,WP and MoD, all the others were scared off by WP, and Im being serious there, I really was told this by other clans :confused:

SL was the best game i ever played, I play some that are better now but, like everyone else, i always come back to SL, I even saw a UNG back not long ago (an old clan scared off)

Anyone who is imspired by this, plz give me a call, and Ill give you a game in any ship you like, (that isn't stupid, like patriots, good in SP, clumsy in MP ;) )

I would have liked to at least have an expansion pack, cause at the end of the game you make Squadron Commander, and would be given your own Command

I recently re-installed SL and played upto mission 23, had great fun just as I played it in the first time. The only annoying thing is the cut scenes and all the character animations. And maybe the fact that your wingmen don't do shit to help you. It would be nice to see them once in a while hunting for those bloddy torpedos! Or, if the flak cannons of Coalition capital ships can shoot down the torps, why can't the state of the art Yamatos?

Oh ,did I mention that you can actually see the "cloaked" ships? Really effective technology :)

Yeah, if you have high Graphic Details on the Cloaked ships appear Blue and if you have low details on they appear White. But the cloak is just designed to hide the ship from Radar

Yeh, cloak isn't disapear completely.

Also, yes it would be good to havean expansion, because A) you never see your last medal B) I wanna have command of the tigers or another Rookie squadron n take em to the top myself C) I wanna see steiner in a tiger helmet :D

although near the end your wngmen dont help, they do at 1st, I find that in the 1st mission, I dont have to destroy all torps, they shoot one or two if I leave em, but i shoot em to save time, plus outa 14 of the enemy, I can only kill 12 at most so far.

They stop helping you around mission 8 :rolleyes:

But its not like you need their help, I would rather do the whole thing alone, it would be easy and I would get a better kill count. so far my current campaign is 250 kills rank: Commander and Im on mission 8. Its ok but I can do better, thats what you Rookie pilots should be aiming for :p j/k

Just watch out for any WolfPack members though ;) Our leader is the best pilot in StarLancer and has been for about 1-2 years

Well if you save Steiner in the last mission, Colonel Bradwell (Alliance Conflict News) says that Steiner decides to join the Tigers flight roster.

P.S. Good News for UK Starlancer fans:

HMV have got the Xplosiv version of Starlancer for £4.99. It's part of their Buy 2 get 3rd Free Promotion. So if you get 2 Dearer games you would get Starlancer free, not bad hey

Ghost said:
Some people may consider FL as a SL's sequel.
In the opening sequence of FL, there's a rather lenghty (yet intersting) cutscene describing the exodus of (some) humans from Sol. Seems like the Alliance was getting hammered by the Coalition, and decided to bug out by sending out sleeper ships. Similar to the "Doomsday Evacuation" described in WC3, I guess.

Then again, I'm betting 98% of you knew that already. :)

Originally, the Intro was going to have the Coalition pushing the Alliance back to some planet. The Alliance would then launch the Sleeper Ships and these Aliens would show up and Blow up the Sun and therefore the entire Solar System

Yeh i knew steiner joins the tigers, thats what i was saying.

I got confused with the rest of that msg, but I have SL from Xplosiv :D

TopGun said:
Originally, the Intro was going to have the Coalition pushing the Alliance back to some planet. The Alliance would then launch the Sleeper Ships and these Aliens would show up and Blow up the Sun and therefore the entire Solar System
Wow, now that's a highly sophisticated way of handing the "anywhere we can run, they can follow us" plot hole.

(I am, of course, being sarcastic)

I had a massive intro movie for FL once, showing the same thing - with sleeper ships launched and so on but I can't find it anywhere nowadays - what happened to the film?

Hm, yes... The first one included [MM gets strangled violently for almost posting... um... irrelevant spoilers]. Hm, right. Well...

Starlancer, yes, I enjoyed that. Mainly because of the music - crikey, the ships were small! (Tachyon had BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG thingies, that can't be said too often.) And even though fighting humans never really grabs hold of you in the same way suddenly finding yourself face to face with an SJ Sathanas and its billions of Basilisk-wings does, I can't help but feel just a little satisfied when I take out an ace. :) In my book, Starlancer beats Tachyon. Because of the music, yes. :p

Back