Star Wars Trilogy DVD set

The best commentary is for "The Limey". They start and stop it four times during the opening credits because they get out of hand, writer Lemm Dobbs saying "those mutherfuckers at Variety..."

Maj.Striker said:
All these little things about consistency and such are interesting but ultimately pointless, your "average" viewer isn't going to know all the deep information on Star Wars and to them it's going to make perfect sense. The only thing that won't make sense is that how come Yoda can do all this kick ass flying around with a lightsabre against Dooku and then after the battle go to limping on his cane?! What's up with that? He can leap like a tiger in battle but still hobbles around? And besides, in this future of amazing medical technology they can't fix a little crippled leg? Who wants to live for that? Haha, just some random thoughts.

But seriously, the debate about Hayden versus Shaw is pointless...we all know who the real Vader is: James Earl Jones, he makes Vader!!!

Maybe Joda has a thing about mis-using the Force for personal reasons. Not to mention that he's lead something akin to monk-like existance, it seems. Less is more seems to be what he's more into.

Edfilho said:
Shit.
I really liked this post.
Maybe there is something good in le Hah after all.

BTW, This Special Ed./directors cut revisionist rage that we see in the DVD era has lot's of complicated implications.

For instance, take Blade Runner: you can't find the "original" one anywhere...

Some directors include deleted scenes on the DVD, but won't let you watch the movie with those back in it, because they prefer the movie "the way it is". Others splice the scenes back and say "THIS is the real movie". When the director says that, the other versions are gone. You don't get the manuscripts when you buy a book...

Lucas will ont release the original original trilogy in DVD because, as far as he's concerned, it's been made obsolete. Lucky I got my tapes.

True about Blade Runner. I managed to get the original on VHS years ago. The Original with the voice-overs and that sappy happy ending. I swore that I was one of the few people on Earth who liked the voice overs. <G>.

While the voice over is welcomed - its both badly written and badly performed. Harrison Ford was said to have hated reading the multiple voice overs they wrote - and they took the one he disliked the most.

I like the DVDs becuase the picture quality, looks damn good on my big screen!!!

Bladerunner is a beautiful movie, but its like 2001 one to me, have to be in a certain mindset to watch it.

Lucas is a horrible writer, Harrison Ford told him "you can't say this sh*t!!" Lol, his little comment about his scripts from the OT.

Aparently Lucas wants to write Crap Movies that no one wants to see, after Ep III, he says that he has Earned the Right to make Unsucessful movies

What an Idiot

Hey, I was wondering: In the commentary in ESB, does anyone have anything to say regarding that Luke-Leia kiss? I was just very... curious. *LOL*

Yeah, but if "The Main Man" did supposedly have this epic space opera all planned out from the beginning as he constantly reminds us, then HE himself will have known that Luke and Leia were bro and sis when they kissed and could have made a remark about it on the DVD commentary, but did he? - DID HE F**....

Kershner commentates at that particular moment...
"This was a fairy tale, but the best kind of fairy tale is one where you believe the people. And of course, when she kisses Mark...[Leia leans in and kisses Luke on the lips in front of Hans] oh....jealously rears its little head. C-3PO understands it, and so does Chewbacca. And it sets up scenes for later, including the third film."

Percy said:
Yeah, but if "The Main Man" did supposedly have this epic space opera all planned out from the beginning as he constantly reminds us, then HE himself will have known that Luke and Leia were bro and sis when they kissed and could have made a remark about it on the DVD commentary, but did he? - DID HE F**....

Kershner commentates at that particular moment...
"This was a fairy tale, but the best kind of fairy tale is one where you believe the people. And of course, when she kisses Mark...[Leia leans in and kisses Luke on the lips in front of Hans] oh....jealously rears its little head. C-3PO understands it, and so does Chewbacca. And it sets up scenes for later, including the third film."

They should count themselves lucky that it was only a kiss... :D

Thanks for the info, BTW.

Back