Star Wars original cover (VHS)

Bandit LOAF said:
...I did buying a whole set of the pre-special edition laserdisc transfer original trilogy at an R2D2 building convention a few months back.
Whoa... you mean you have a digital version of the original-original trilogy ? Cool ! I envy you. I'd love to be able to see the original trilogy without the VHS-snow and dull colors.

PopsiclePete said:
Whoa... you mean you have a digital version of the original-original trilogy ? Cool ! I envy you. I'd love to be able to see the original trilogy without the VHS-snow and dull colors.

I envy him too. Especially since Lucas has allegedly made even more changes too the DVD versions. I'd say demand for old Laserdisc versions of the unaltered (and perhaps even Special Edition versions) of the Original Trilogy will rise. Those laserdisc versions are going to become even harder to find, and worth a lot more, bootlegs or otherwise.

Benjamin said:
I envy him too. Especially since Lucas has allegedly made even more changes too the DVD versions. I'd say demand for old Laserdisc versions of the unaltered (and perhaps even Special Edition versions) of the Original Trilogy will rise. Those laserdisc versions are going to become even harder to find, and worth a lot more, bootlegs or otherwise.

I've bought the original trilogy three times already, so I don't feel so guilty "obtaining" LD rips from questionable sources.

Patton said:
I've bought the original trilogy three times already, so I don't feel so guilty "obtaining" LD rips from questionable sources.
Have you "obtained" them or are you trying to ?

I to have bought a few VHS copies of the original trilogy, and I'd love to get my hand on an unaltered LD rip...

I’ve seen them, that new ending to Jedi really is horrible isn’t it. I’m praying that its not actually going to be on the DVD, and all this is some elaborate hoax or something.

Well I don't think that is the case, although I wish it were all a hoax. But I don't think someone would go to all this trouble with the voices and the picture and the clip if it were just a hoax.

PopsiclePete said:
Have you "obtained" them or are you trying to ?

I to have bought a few VHS copies of the original trilogy, and I'd love to get my hand on an unaltered LD rip...

Currently obtaining. The rips are pretty big, and I can't have BT going 24/7.

Anxiety said:
Well I don't think that is the case, although I wish it were all a hoax. But I don't think someone would go to all this trouble with the voices and the picture and the clip if it were just a hoax.

Oh I wasnt suggesting it actually was a hoax, it would be pretty silly just to write all that evidence of change off as being fake, when it quite clearly isnt. But damn, I wish it wasnt real.

There's a big discussion over at www.xwaupgrade.com as to whether or not those are real. I personally think they are fake. More so than ever now that I saw that video clip. If you watch the begining, the way what'shisface is looking around and such, it looks almost like someone took a clip of him from some behind the scenes thing and added him to the RotJ scene.

Also, considering how strict Lucas is on Prequel security ( actors are made to sign a contract of silence ) , do you think he would be any less strict about the OT DVDs and just let that stuff slip out?

Hamlet said:
I personally think they are fake. More so than ever now that I saw that video clip. If you watch the begining, the way what'shisface is looking around and such, it looks almost like someone took a clip of him from some behind the scenes thing and added him to the RotJ scene.

Unfortunately there’s a DVD RIP going around with it in. The majority of the DVD has to be genuine because of the quality of the image, I don’t think it could have come from anywhere else. The current argument going around is weather of not the RIP is a final or a work in progress. But even if Hayden Christensen does actually manage to act for the few seconds he's required to be on screen in the end of Jedi, its still horrible. That scene is going to loose a lot more feeling than it gets.

Hamlet said:
There's a big discussion over at www.xwaupgrade.com as to whether or not those are real. I personally think they are fake. More so than ever now that I saw that video clip. If you watch the begining, the way what'shisface is looking around and such, it looks almost like someone took a clip of him from some behind the scenes thing and added him to the RotJ scene.

You're telling me someone took a still photograph of Hayden and animated it specificly just to put that in at the end? You've got to be the stupidiest person I've met this week.

Then explain to me how someone would manage to get a the notion that the clip is fake when Anakin isn't wearing those robes in Episode 2 nor sporting the same haircut.

LeHah said:
Then explain to me how someone would manage to get a the notion that the clip is fake when Anakin isn't wearing those robes in Episode 2 nor sporting the same haircut.

Okay

it looks almost like someone took a clip of him from some behind the scenes thing

I guess he meant some Episode III behind the scenes thing. I dont know how someone would get behind the scenes footage of Hayden to add to that clip, but I think thats what he was implying.

Plus Im fairly certain that its still Shaw's body in that scene, and only his head has been replaced. Hence the robes being the same

It's certainly possible that this is all a scam - Star Wars fans have certainly gone through similarly elaborate attempts at creating fake spoilers in the past... but as we approach the release date of the DVDs, the possibility that it's a hoax decreases dramatically.

Benjamin said:
Plus Im fairly certain that its still Shaw's body in that scene, and only his head has been replaced. Hence the robes being the same

While thats entirely possible, I truely doubt that a Star Wars fan has the capability, resources and talent to do an even remotely convincing digital editing job on a previously existing body of work.

LeHah said:
While thats entirely possible, I truely doubt that a Star Wars fan has the capability, resources and talent to do an even remotely convincing digital editing job on a previously existing body of work.

Your probably right. Im fairly certain theat clip has come from inside Lucasfilm, or at least I would be if it didnt look so half arsed. Would a professional film studio like Lucasfilm really put out something that looked so bad?

Actually, yeah. I think they would....

Back