Star Wars original cover (VHS)

Anxiety

Rear Admiral
My friends and I would like to create VCDs of the original Star Wars, not the special edition. We would like to make DVD cases with the covers that came out on the original VHS, but we can not find them big enough. Here are the pictures of the covers we want, but we would like them big enough to make DVD covers for them. So if any one can help, it would be much appreciatted.

star_wars_episodio_vi_1983.jpg

starwars4.jpg

esba.jpg

If you want to get some good star wars artwork....pick up nearly any of Dave Dorman's SW paintings....he did the first poster on your post, and many of the SW comic covers. He is the premier SW cover artist out there.

Actually the Star Wars Special Edition covers were alright...the Empire Strikes Back one was excellent.

Mav23 said:
wow, i've never seen that ESB poster... that's really cool.

The teaser poster was better.

esb6.jpg

BlackJack2064 said:
If you want to get some good star wars artwork....pick up nearly any of Dave Dorman's SW paintings....he did the first poster on your post, and many of the SW comic covers. He is the premier SW cover artist out there.

Drew Struzan eats David Dorman for a midnight snack and craps him out the next morning.

EDIT: Don't bother with doing this project - theres people who've made VCDs and DVD/Rs of the Laserdisc versions of the movie and sell em for cheap.

i still prefer the han/leia poster... even though it does kind of mis-represent the movie. But Solo's my favorite character so I guess I'm a little biased.

I'm probably more biased for the Vader one because that tied into the original teaser trailer. (Basicly just a star field, camera keeps pulling back until you see it's Vader in the stars - the famous breathing - and thats it).

The only time I saw it was my friend's bootleg of the infamous Holiday Special. The guy who he bought it from tagged on a bunch of trailers, including a really neat one that involved a "Venetian Blinds" effect.

LeHah said:
EDIT: Don't bother with doing this project - theres people who've made VCDs and DVD/Rs of the Laserdisc versions of the movie and sell em for cheap.
Where could we find these? Ebay?

Cons are the best place to pick up Star Wars bootlegs - the more Star Wars specific, the better as far as pricing goes... I've spent more for crazy spinoff bootlegs (Ewoks, Droids, Holiday Special, etc.) at Dragon*Con than I did buying a whole set of the pre-special edition laserdisc transfer original trilogy at an R2D2 building convention a few months back.

fortunatly with all my old SW RPG stuff from West End Games...I actually have a huge amount of cover art from comics and concept art...I never have to really go out and find pics.

Though some artwork is kinda harsh...and even alot of the old concept art from the orignal trilogy barely looks like what it became lol.

Hell yeah Lehah......while I do enjoy the new D20 stuff the WEG guys made thier roleplaying books an extension of Star Wars..and not just stats for stuff you had already seen.

They really contributed...probably why I own all of it but some adventures and some of the galaxy guides. I still use it to this day for information for my D20 adventures. My only beef with the WEG system was that once a jedi gets to a certain skill, they are nearly invincible lol.

I detest the WotC Star Wars series - but I like the pretty pictures in their books and some of the extra details they added (like Saber Techniques).

And any book skill can be outmatched by a player who thinks better than he plays.

Yeah but every group has people that doesn't think more than he plays. And often the one that does think more than he plays is the GM, and can be labeled as a Terrorist GM by said player. And sometimes when GM wants to play the game he the other GMs aren't up to the task. I have not "played" a character in a serious campaign for years cause of that. I enjoyed my old group a great deal, they just could not run games very well.

I actually like WotC star war for one reason. It returns game balance to the series, Jedi are not more overly powerful than a soldier of equal level. This is very important to an RPG, and several game (Mostly by Palladium book, which I love too lol) have a problem with balance.

I prefer the new D20 to the old AD&D 2nd edition, which I am a veteran player of about a decade. Combat is simpler, though I wish they would use the SW D20, system for vitality and wounds, it is more realistic.

BlackJack2064 said:
I actually like WotC star war for one reason. It returns game balance to the series, Jedi are not more overly powerful than a soldier of equal level. This is very important to an RPG, and several game (Mostly by Palladium book, which I love too lol) have a problem with balance.

The trick isn't rolling dice for your abilities, it's in how you're playing your character. You can declair an action that totally befuddles the GM into trying harder or vice versa.

I once had to roleplay Boba Fett - and instead of having 3 players going against the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy (lets get serious, 1 against 3 is bad odds no matter who you are), I turned the tables by surprising the players. When they walked onto the landing platform, I had Fett turn off his jetpack and land on one of the players, incapacitating him and making the odds a bit better.

Back