Star Fox Assault

Being a (very) late comer to the Cube, I'm still absolutely impressed with games like WindWaker, Pikmin2 and Metroid Prime. The Gamecube has some pretty great titles.

Edfilho said:
Being a (very) late comer to the Cube, I'm still absolutely impressed with games like WindWaker, Pikmin2 and Metroid Prime. The Gamecube has some pretty great titles.

Its really a great little gaming box. You should also try out Super Smash Bros Melee and the F-Zero title they put out.

I just got my Game Cube back after a mate borrowed it for 6 months, just playing all the games again made me realise how good the system is.....and then I got Resident Evil 4 :D the game is stunnigly good!

I just got my Game Cube back after a mate borrowed it for 6 months, just playing all the games again made me realise how good the system is.....and then I got Resident Evil 4 :D the game is amazingly good!

You can say that again! *zing*
Sure, how could I have forgotten RE4, the first game in the series that is actually fun!!!
I got Super Smash Bros Melee borrowed, it is quite good. I need some more nerd friends though, playing alone is not much fun. I played one track of F-Zero GX in a demo and it was fun, altough I arrived in 20th place :p I have to try it some more times.

I'm interested in RE4 but I've been ultra-picky with the "survival horror" genre for quite some time. They all seem to be pretty poor compared to the original Silent Hill game to me.

F-Zero is great. I first played it in Boston against Frosty and ace. Theres a sense of speed in it that I haven't felt since Wipeout XL first came out.

Well Resi 4 is being touted as more of an action game by Capcom and a lot of the more boring elements of the series i.e. 'go get this thing and bring it over here in a boring round about way' has been toned down.

With that kind of recommendation, skip RE4 and go play the Playstation2 "God Of War" which is monumentally fantastic.

LeHah, RE4 is really good. IT has great looks, solid gameplay and is tense/atmospheric. I wouldn't know how it compares with SH1, but it is a pretty great game on its right. You should at least rent it.

Ill get around to it at some point. Im interested in the City Of The Dead game that George Romero is putting out.

Indeed, the cube is a great system. There hasn't been a single year in it's life that I've regretted buying it, especially with a great start with Super Smash Bros Melee and Starwars Rouge Leader. It's too bad Nintendo has lost so many of their 3rd parties over the year, like Factor Five and Rare. I hope their "Revolution" does fine without them.

Then again, they always have Miyamoto. I'm surprized Sega never thought of hiring an assasin to win the console war between the two ;)

What's Rare done in the last several years though? Grabbed by the Ghoulies. And if we're lucky, they'll have a censored remake of Conker this summer. Microsoft paid $300 million for Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Selling them off was a great move on Nintendo's part.

Nintendo's ace-in-the-hole has always been it's "in house" characters though. Mario, Link and Zelda are about as synonymous with video games as you can get. Who cares about third party properties - just as long as Nintendo is able to keep it's franchise afloat with it's own material.

What is Rouge Leader, is it related to that female bat in Sonic Adventure 2? :)
Well, considering how good the recent games with the flagship Nintendo characters are, I'm pretty confident. And we are getting TWO major Zelda games in the GC, which is really good :). Nintendo is probably doing very well economically, even if they aren't the number one console maker. Their games are just great. The GC may not play DVDs or make coffee, but it is a solid gaming machine. And has the best exclusive games...

LeHah said:
I'll play dumb and actually tell you its a Gamecube game in the Star Wars universe.
[/url]

Rouge (french for red) Leader certainly isn't but Rogue Leader is

Back