Standoff

It might be that the Stiletto's gun pool is smaller than the WC2 Ferret's, I don't remember... but the speed and refire rate of the Mass Drivers are the same in Standoff and in WC2 (in single shot mode anyway... the Vision engine doubles the refire delay if you're shooting 2 guns of the same type).

Eder said:
It might be that the Stiletto's gun pool is smaller than the WC2 Ferret's, I don't remember... but the speed and refire rate of the Mass Drivers are the same in Standoff and in WC2 (in single shot mode anyway... the Vision engine doubles the refire delay if you're shooting 2 guns of the same type).

That's got to be it then. The Ferret didn't have a single/full guns option with the mass drivers. So it fired two shots at the speed that the Stiletto fires alternating single shots.

I only wish Standoff will get enough publicity outside of the Wing Commander community to cause EA to stop sitting on the property and make a new official game.

And I hope they hire you guys to make it. I haven't felt like that playing a Wing Commander game since WCII and III

I was really glad that the game didn't have the same difficulty level of Unknown Enemy, it felt more akin to the early WC games. No offense to any UE guys because I suppose my skills are to blame but the difficulty level was like pulling teeth or hacking off my own limbs at times.

Wedge009 said:
Miss the glory days of ploughing through wings of Talons with your beefed up Centurion? ;)
For all those who replied yes to the above question, you will get a chance to plough through wings of Talons in the simulator, flying Wraiths and Morningstars. :D

Spien said:
I was really glad that the game didn't have the same difficulty level of Unknown Enemy, it felt more akin to the early WC games. No offense to any UE guys because I suppose my skills are to blame but the difficulty level was like pulling teeth or hacking off my own limbs at times.

You find it easier then UE? Amazing. For me Standoff ist quite some harder.

To be fair, Episode 1 is just about fighting pirates, not an invasion force. Too, we're flying Confed ships which are presumably still in good shape, not the scraps that the BWs have had to do their best with. With all due respect to the BWs' tenacity and resourcefulness, of course.

Eder said:
For all those who replied yes to the above question, you will get a chance to plough through wings of Talons in the simulator, flying Wraiths and Morningstars.
Yay. :)

cff said:
You find it easier then UE? Amazing. For me Standoff ist quite some harder.

At least you dont need to chase after torpedoes that are to impact in ten seconds into a certain station and you get to chase it down with four lasers having bad gun convergeance. Damn, in Starlancer you could at least autoaim at the torps...

Have you no appreciation for a good challenge? And ITTS and auto-aim are not things a decent pilot should have to rely on. ;)

Wedge009 said:
Have you no appreciation for a good challenge? And ITTS and auto-aim are not things a decent pilot should have to rely on. ;)

Well, after playing Secret Ops all day, I do. It's quite a difference to EVERYTHING in SO.

Sorry, I made the comment in jest. But if you've played any of the WC games before WC3, you might see that while ITTS is useful as an aid, it's not essential. :)

Trouble is, the WCII Rapier has a difficult energy management. If you miss a few times, you're screwed.

...hopefully the Standoff Rapier won't have the same problem...

well considering that Standoff was more challenging than other WC games IMO, I wouldnt be surprised if the Rapier had the same problem, possibly even worse. Which I would actually prefer it to be harder, it makes you experience the game more.

What can I say... After the next round of Stiletto missions, you'll all find our Rapier to be a huge improvement. :p

Without a doubt so, perhaps like the switch from Ferret to Rapier in WCII?

Oh, and shouldnt the stiletto be autoslide-capable? All the light fighters in newer games, even Unknown Enemy ones, can autoslide.

Is it just me, or do the prolouge enemies nothing to their objectives? The enemy Sabres aren't torpedoing the Lionheart, guess they prefer raping the Stilettos, and the pirate base fighters don't go for the shuttles which would seal their base's doom.

-Lazy Me's 2 cents

Lazy Panda said:
Without a doubt so, perhaps like the switch from Ferret to Rapier in WCII?
No, the Ferret was pretty good in WC2. :p

Lazy Panda said:
Oh, and shouldnt the stiletto be autoslide-capable? All the light fighters in newer games, even Unknown Enemy ones, can autoslide.
I don't think anything at all was autoslide-capable at the time Standoff takes place (hence, we've disabled autosliding altogether).

Lazy Panda said:
Is it just me, or do the prolouge enemies nothing to their objectives?
Try a harder difficulty level. :p Enemy Sabres do have the Lionheart as their priority target in most missions.

Back