Standoff

Dyret

Super Carrot!
I have just finished episode 1. That's the most amazing mod i have ever seen. Unlike prophecy, this actually feels like Wing Commander. Bringing back the talking heads was an excellent idea, and the music was great. Especially the ending cutscene was great, it must have taken you some time to make them, but its worth it.The cockpits was amazing too. However it annoyed me that you cant always choose which figther to fly. The base attack mission in a gladius was hell, would have been much easier in a stiletto.

I would like too congratulate all of you, especially Eder.
Keep up the good work!

Now i'll go back and replay it again, and again, and again, until episode 2 is online.

Keep up the good work!

Dyret said:
Now i'll go back and replay it again, and again, and again, until episode 2 is online.
That's gonna be quite a bit of replaying, you might get bored with it :p.

About the fighters - I guess I'm too much of an authoritarian to let people choose their own fighters every time ;). More to the point, it adds a lot of of work. If you let people choose between ships, you really need to make two separate versions of the same mission, with slightly different objectives, wing assignment, et cetera. On top of that, most missions in the prologue come in two versions already... so then we'd end up with four versions of each mission. It ends up being a little too much.

(besides, would the base assault really be any easier in a Stiletto? Many times, the only thing that saved me in the base assault was the Gladius' bigger missile loadout)

Quarto said:
(besides, would the base assault really be any easier in a Stiletto? Many times, the only thing that saved me in the base assault was the Gladius' bigger missile loadout)

Yeah, but once the AB fuel runs out, those little talons can really have some fun. :p

i just finished episode 1 as well and i think it's great. but i do have a few things that kinda bug me a lil. so i'll say them now.
1. is it me <again> or are the mass drivers firing slower than usual?
2. im assuming this problem is just my computer but just in case it isn't. i've noticed that the parts on the fighters that are supposed to be black are actually see-through. like in the cockpit of the gladius. i can see straight through the radar screen of the cockpit <not the green one that you use but the one in the background> and when the fighters land <especially the stilletto> i can see "inside" the fighter or even sometimes the flight deck through the cockpit and other black areas. again, im thinkin it's probably just my computer but i wanna be sure so im just lettin you know incase someone else has this problem.

but other than those two very very very small details i think the mod KICKS MAJOR ASS :p keep it up! i can't wait for episode 2!

TurboTim07 said:
2. im assuming this problem is just my computer but just in case it isn't. i've noticed that the parts on the fighters that are supposed to be black are actually see-through. like in the cockpit of the gladius. i can see straight through the radar screen of the cockpit <not the green one that you use but the one in the background> and when the fighters land <especially the stilletto> i can see "inside" the fighter or even sometimes the flight deck through the cockpit and other black areas. again, im thinkin it's probably just my computer but i wanna be sure so im just lettin you know incase someone else has this problem.
What's your current video card? That used to happen to me when I used an onboard video card.

There's a variation of that problem which happens on every system (it shows up when I do something wrong in texture conversion), but I'm pretty sure I've fixed most occurrences of this case... so if you're still seeing holes in textures (and in lots of them), I'm afraid it's your video card. I'm pretty sure the Stiletto should be hole-free, for example.

Quarto said:

After said mission, all but one of the Stilettos had no damage.

My reaction was, "Did you guys not fight at all?! Did you hide behind rocks the whole fight or something?"

Hey guys, its nice to have some new WC finally out...

however i get an error when i go to run it! :(

I have it configured to Win 95 on my XP system, but it gives me this:
error.jpg

Secret Ops DOES work, just not Standoff

Any ideas?

That was covered on the main page

Game gives the error "gl_d3d_5::createzbuffer attach failed 87" - Go in to the Standoff launcher options, and select "16 bit". 32 bit mode has problems with some graphics cards, mainly Radeons.

Yes! It's out! Very nice! And I just got my computer back up and running again, too! Tonite's bottle of Yuengling Lager is to my fellow teammembers and the TCS Lionheart!

I would too... if I could legally buy and drink alcohol (3 more years... 3 more years damnit...). I'll take care of that toast at my next college party tho :D

Eder said:
What's your current video card? That used to happen to me when I used an onboard video card.

There's a variation of that problem which happens on every system (it shows up when I do something wrong in texture conversion), but I'm pretty sure I've fixed most occurrences of this case... so if you're still seeing holes in textures (and in lots of them), I'm afraid it's your video card. I'm pretty sure the Stiletto should be hole-free, for example.

It's an ATI Radeon that came with the computer. I'm guessin that's my problem right there?

ok. well what about the mass drivers? even on single fire mode they seem to be firing slower than they were in UE

Unknown Enemy is also about 20 years in the future compared to Standoff.. I would imagine that the mass driver firing speed had been improved by then

TurboTim07 said:
ok. well what about the mass drivers? even on single fire mode they seem to be firing slower than they were in UE
They're firing as fast as they did in WC1, WC2 or Privateer, though... and we used those games stats for all the guns, so comparatively, Mass Drivers are still the same as they've always been. ;)

And, as an added bonus, I've gotten all the drivers I need, so tonite, finally, after months and months of waiting . . . I've gotten to play the FINISHED prologue.

Guys, I know I've seen lots of developmental packages, but the finished product, with the voiceovers and the faces and movies . . . . just plain great. It's been a long road getting here, and I'm glad that there's still some road ahead! To episode two!

Eder said:
They're firing as fast as they did in WC1, WC2 or Privateer, though... and we used those games stats for all the guns, so comparatively, Mass Drivers are still the same as they've always been. ;)

Still seems to me the Ferret could lay down a lot more fire than the Stiletto.

Back