Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (in pictures)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Here's ace and I learning how to evade sensor lasers by lowering eachother down a rope and hacking security systems.
splintercell1.jpg

After training, we infiltrated the vice president's mansion in Panama, but we had some trouble finding out where he stored his secret records.
splintercell2.jpg

This place had really crazy security, so we had to do all sorts of fancy acrobatics to avoid detection.
splintercell6.jpg

After a confrontation with the guards, ace had to inject me with adrenaline to fix my gunshot wounds.
splintercell3.jpg

At one point we stumbled on some security who were more interested in the soccer game than protecting the mansion.
splintercell4.jpg

They're no longer employed by the vice president.
splintercell5.jpg

Later on we were explorating a chemical silo underneath North Korea and we stumbled upon The Monkey Room.
splintercell7.jpg

Oh god, Pepper, what have they done to you? :O
splintercell8.jpg

What the hell is this? I have no idea. I think ace figured it out and we were able to proceed.
splintercell9.jpg

I couldn't bear to watch a video of Pepper being disected.
splintercell10.jpg

Did you know that North Koreans recently planted very powerful bombs under Grand Central Station in New York? Don't worry, ace and I were able to disarm them.
splintercell11.jpg

Apparently Kim Jong Il was also about to unleash some horrible virus in New York, but ace tapped the phones right under their noses there so we could figure out where the antivirus was and stop the epidemic.
splintercell12.jpg

The End.

Last edited by a moderator:
Korea is the new arch-enemy now? Shows how much out of the picture I am. I wonder how those games are marketed in countries frienly with (North) Korea.

Bandit LOAF said:
Countries that are friendly with North Korea don't have markets.

Doubtful. Although many in the group of totalitarian countries openly deny participation in the free markets, they do it anyway, although grudgingly. In terms of trade, the two top countries to deal with North Korea are China and, surprise, South Korea.

But I'm getting lost in academic detail again. Its intersting how the concept of the global villain develops in gaming history, and what the nations a little closer to the cultural context react towards that.
I've talked to some people here in Germany, many still don't like the whole hype around Castle Wolfenstein, although they'd admit that it's a good game.

Yeah, at the end of the day, nobody cares what North Korea or its friends think.

South Korea is a big gaming community but mostly it comprises of RPG and MMORPG genres. I can't imagine Splinter Cell type games sell too fantastically there. Then again, I don't think the Splinter Cell creators were depending too heavily on South Korean sales...

Wow, that looked like a lot of fun. I really liked the original SC but I've yet to pick up the newest incarnation.

I have every Splinter Cell game, but I really really couldn't get into the first two. The cooperative campaign in Chaos Theory is really great though.

I've watched my brother play Splinter Cell a lot. Many of the places you break into remind me of scenes from The Pandora Directive. As for North Korea, I'm glad they've now got the bomb.

Wow. I've never played any of the Splinter Cell games, but that does look like a lot of fun.

I've had pandora tommorow (PC) for about 4 months now and have only played it for about 5 minutes... Just have had other things to do. Maybe I'll give it a shot someday.

Do they have any, er, collections of the Splinter Cell games for PC?

So that I might get all the games thus released in one fell swoop?

Ever play versus mode? Fun fun fun. Don't have Xbox live, so I can only do 1vs1 when a friend brings his xbox and scct over, but still, it's well worth it.

I have the first two games, I'm halfway through the first one... I have no patience to wait patiently, so I usually run around and get shot.

Penta2 said:
Do they have any, er, collections of the Splinter Cell games for PC?

So that I might get all the games thus released in one fell swoop?

Nope.

Edfilho said:
I have the first two games, I'm halfway through the first one... I have no patience to wait patiently, so I usually run around and get shot.

The third one is supposed to be a bit more foregiving in that area. There are a couple more offensive weapons, and it's easier to knife someone. There are also a whole bunch of different ways to stab people depending on how you're standing relative to your victim.

Porthos said:

Cause now there's no way we'd go to war with them right? I'm no political scientist, but it seems to me like having nuclear weapons will keep the U.S. from invading your country.

It only seems like we'd want to go to war with someone we suspect (or pretend to suspect) is building bombs. But if we know you got a bomb, well, you know. "Back away not today disco lady."

Its only now AFTER America decides to make the world a safer place that everybody decides they need nukes :D

But hasn't there been alot of discontent in the South Korean community about the portrayal of North Korea in recent videogames (Ghost Recon 2, another Clancy inspired game was banned in South Korea, it wasn't banned in North Korea because they only got a single Commodre 64 for they're entire population). Its alright for us to bash North Korea but we don't have to share a border that has 300,000 odd troops stationed on it and we ceratainly ain't under any pressure to support their ailing economy and poorly fed population.

P.S. I read a Tom Clancy book, and I thought it was pretty overlong and boring. There where some pretty good bits in it but it was pure fantasy with America basicly kicking the crap out of everybody else (Iraq, Iran, China, Japan etc). It was just a bit of a whitewash to me.

Back