Spaceships Universe. Wing Commander Tribute.

Sorry, guys, due to Russian invasion at my country I put on hold this project. And there is too many other concerns associated with this.
But as soon as the situation becomes clearer, I will continue the work. Hope it will be very soon.

Last edited:
Sorry, guys, due to Russian invasion at my country I put on hold this project. And there is too many other concerns associated with this.

That's an understatement! Definitely a better reason than most to suspend development of your fan project. Good luck out there.

But as soon as the situation becomes clearer, I will continue the work. Hope it will be very soon.
best reason ever :confused:

This war for control over energy roads will bring only suffering to the Ukraine people and I hope to end soon. I wish all the Ukraine people best of luck and keep in touch :)

Well, guys, the project is not dead yet :) Thank you for all of yours good wishes.
While our war situation goes worse I'm trying to do my best with the game.
For now I'm working on interface and battle rooms. Hope to show you my progress soon. For now just want to show you one screen with new design.
15.JPG

Well, guys, the project is not dead yet :) Thank you for all of yours good wishes.
While our war situation goes worse I'm trying to do my best with the game.
For now I'm working on interface and battle rooms. Hope to show you my progress soon. For now just want to show you one screen with new design.
View attachment 7308

Glad it's not dead, would love for you to see this one through - a lot of very promising Wing Commander projects never make it.

Are there any plans to involve fighters in these fleets?

Stay safe.

From the very beginning I wanted to add all types of ships e.g. battleships, cruisers, destroyers and of course fighters and bombers. I can't imagine wing commander style game without small ships :)
But for now I decided to cut my plans and release just capital ships. I think from the beginning small ships will be AI controlled, but later each pilot will have opportunity to handle fighter, bomber or shuttle.
You know, I don't try to compete with oldsсhool WC games or Star Citizen :) I just want to create something new with new gameplay. That's why I'm creating simulator for WC capital ships.

Well, a couple new screenshots from the game. New GUI, some additional shield effects. Tallahassee class cruiser is fighting against two kilrathi corvettes during attack on kilrathi station in one of the systems in Vega sector.
As ususal, work in progress.
st01.JPGst02.JPGst03.JPGst04.JPGst05.JPG

Acutally, I like the idea of a " Cap Ship Simulator", where you play a Captain and lead a campaign.
Reminds me of WC Armada somehow. Maybe a tactial game, instead of a space sim ?

Looks like a Homeworld/Empire of War style game. That is to say, I enjoy games like those. Capships really never got as much love as they deserved in WC. Still, there might still be a place for fighter and bomber craft in small numbers.

Let's face it, those previous games were capship slugfest much of the time but fighters could still contribute in auxiliary roles.

I'm looking forward to your progress and damn glad you're back considering the conflicts are still going on in Ukraine.

Capships really never got as much love as they deserved in WC.
I'm looking forward to your progress and damn glad you're back considering the conflicts are still going on in Ukraine.
I thought in the same way and decided to correct this injustice regarding to capships role in battles. Hope it will be interesting :) The closest game with the similar gameplay is "Silent Hunter". I'm considering to go deeply in crew management.

Maybe a tactial game, instead of a space sim ?
What do you mean? Controlling not just one ship but whole fleet? I think it will be a one more strategy game)

I thought in the same way and decided to correct this injustice regarding to capships role in battles. Hope it will be interesting :) The closest game with the similar gameplay is "Silent Hunter". I'm considering to go deeply in crew management.

What do you mean? Controlling not just one ship but whole fleet? I think it will be a one more strategy game)

No just controlling one cap ship during a campaign.
unless you want to make a strategy game out of it, the player takes the role of a fleet admiral ( good idea as well)

This is very close to Chris' original vision for Wing Commander, which was to do a top-down strategy game that had you crewing a larger battleship!

No just controlling one cap ship during a campaign.
unless you want to make a strategy game out of it, the player takes the role of a fleet admiral ( good idea as well)
My main idea is to create multiplayer war where each player should start from small corvette and after endless battles and countless points of expiriense change ship like this:
corvette -> destroyer -> cruiser -> battle cruiser -> battleship -> carrier

But to prevent creating fleets which consist only from carriers :) I want implement some economic system that will allow use real number of ships for whole side fleet. E.g. 2-3 carriers, 5-10 battleships, 10-20 cruisers etc. And size of allowed fleet will depend on number of controlled systems and it's production.

My main idea is to create multiplayer war where each player should start from small corvette and after endless battles and countless points of expiriense change ship like this:
corvette -> destroyer -> cruiser -> battle cruiser -> battleship -> carrier

But to prevent creating fleets which consist only from carriers :) I want implement some economic system that will allow use real number of ships for whole side fleet. E.g. 2-3 carriers, 5-10 battleships, 10-20 cruisers etc. And size of allowed fleet will depend on number of controlled systems and it's production.

mmh, no single player campaign :( ?

mmh, no single player campaign :( ?
I think it's almost impossible to create so many content for single player using only one developer :)
And even if I can create such game it will be the game for the single run.
That's why I decided develop some kind of sandbox game. Where you can use different tactics and different opponents each time.
Maybe we can consider some dynamic campaign. But it also will require huge content.

Back