Space sim games (SW Episode II Spoilers)

No, the release problem is that the game wasn't good enough to be released, so they're still working on it.

Microsoft wanted to *upgrade*it to the next DirectX, and another things, i´m not saying that is finished, but without all the upgrades and changed things maybe it could be released this year not the next.

Freelancer

Howdy, I'm a long time fan of WC but new to this forum. I was reading, and just wanted to say that at E3 this year, Microsoft had a more updated demonstration of Freelancer. I have to say, I was mighty impressed. The controls worked much better than before. I was also amazed at how well the autopilot works, if you want to use it. The guy assured me that the game will be out by Christmas, but you never know, wouldn't be the first show where Microsoft didn't slide back the dates that they gave me. BTW, the graphics just blew me away. However, the gameplay does feel a bit different from anything I've ever played, borrowing a bit from Star Trek (think Privateer meets StarLancer meets Bridge Commander). But you don't even need to use the autopilot computer for anything, you can take full control of the craft at any time. I am also thrilled that they are still maintaining the persistent online multiplayer mode, and for free none the less.

Re: Freelancer

Originally posted by Cybox
The guy assured me that the game will be out by Christmas, but you never know, wouldn't be the first show where Microsoft didn't slide back the dates that they gave me.

Ship date has slipped to Q1 2003.

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
I just got done reading the second of his books written for the NJO series and I can vouch for his humorous side.
Yeah, I only had a peek the first time I saw it on the shelves and read how Janson didn't even realise he was hitting on Jaina. How typical. :)

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
I've also read the four X-Wing series novels he has written and those are also very good books.
Didn't like the contrast from Stackpole's books at first (when I had only read Wraith Squadron), but I quickly appreciated his books afterwards. I really liked the Myn/Lara 'crazy' coupling, as well as Wedge and Iella. :)

Back