Space: Aab

I do rather smell a Family Guy style resurrection for this show: once it demolishes expectations in DVD sales, they'll make a second season (or some kind of spinoff if they can't get the old cast back together), mark my words.

The show has been off the air for so long, the production values were so high, the fact that it bombed pretty hard to begin with and the fact that so many of the actors have moved on has sealed its fate, methinks.

LeHah said:
The show has been off the air for so long, the production values were so high, the fact that it bombed pretty hard to begin with and the fact that so many of the actors have moved on has sealed its fate, methinks.

True. Picking up the pieces of Family Guy wasn't too diffcult, especially once Cartoon Network saw the potential payoff. After a decade, though, the actors will have aged and whatnot, and making it believeable again would be hard. Given how the series ended, though, it's entirely concieveable that another group of "roughnecks" could pick up where the first left off, and help end the war once and for all.

As far as production values go, remember that the show was made in 1995. Doing realistic space rendering can practically be done on a single computer, at this point.

Ah, yes, I remember that show, in fact I have a rather naughty copy of all the episodes on VCD. The quality is not all that good, being from Video tape and all but they are still fun to watch. But wait, I now have a dvd recorder, I could cook them off, if anyone is really desperate. I loved that show, it reminds me of the first parties I went to and my first girlfriend.

Personally I thought it was rather lousy (based on the 3 or 4 episodes I sat through). With the big slow non-scary lumbering aliens and the characters who couldn't decide if they were fighter pilots or ground troops.

One scene in particular that I remember was when one character asked another character where the term "Chig" came from. He replied that it was due to the aliens' resemblance to insects on earth called chiggos. Well in all my wanderings I've never heard of a chiggo, but there is definitely a nasty bug called a chigger. The only thing I can think of is that the writers thought chigger was too close to the "N" word to say on TV. Lame.

The whole thing just made me want to fly into a black hole while listening to Johnny Cash.

Attachments

• chigger.gif
    chigger.gif
    21 KB · Views: 118
The primary specialty of every Marine is infantry, so they recived the training to be both ground troops and fighter pilots.

SpaceDrake said:
As far as production values go, remember that the show was made in 1995. Doing realistic space rendering can practically be done on a single computer, at this point.

In 1995, the pilot episode cost FOX some insane amount. I think the SFX alone were something like 1.5 million, which is still an unheard of amount in today's market.

upyr1 said:
The primary specialty of every Marine is infantry, so they recived the training to be both ground troops and fighter pilots.

Ok, but you don't regularly risk your very valuable highly trained pilots by sending them out to step on landmines just because they can.

Ok, but you don't regularly risk your very valuable highly trained pilots by sending them out to step on landmines just because they can.

Absolutely! This was one of the major flaws of the series in my opinion.

After watching the Pilot I know the unit is described as cavalry and not a VMF which left the question what exactly would this term mean in a spacefaring Marine corps?
As it has been some time since I saw the show I am trying to rememebr why they had them as ground pounders?

Wasn't suppose to be another series after Family Guy? I think it was called American Dad or something.??

Don't bother. It's the worst show on TV right now. If they brought back Cop Rock, American Dad would still be worse.

Buddy, I've seen Geordi LaForge and Uhura fight civil war zombies who use landmines.

Back