Space: Aab

Dragon1

Rear Admiral
Does anyone remember the short lived TV show, "Space: Above and Beyond"?

Just wondering if any other human capital ships were shown of the series other than the JFK-class SCVN?

I do seem to remember seeing in the beginning of one of the last episodes, an Earth fleet amassing for some large operation. I don't remember if it actually focusses on any of the fleet or support ships.

Operation: Round hammer I believe it was called, although I can't remember if that was just the name of the General offensive or the final series of attacks/operations the U.N. was planning to finish the war with.

Paddybhoy said:
Operation: Round hammer I believe it was called, although I can't remember if that was just the name of the General offensive or the final series of attacks/operations the U.N. was planning to finish the war with.

Operation Roundhammer was intended to be a super-secret massive assault on the recently discovered Chig homeworld. The Wildcards were sent in as a force to scout out the Chig moon, and then blew the mission by revealing their presence to a "Nanny" Chig. (At the time, no one knew what they looked like under the suits.) The bright side of this was that the Chigs sent a representative to participate in the first ever peace talks. Unfortunately, the CEO of the corporation who had created the war in the first place (unbeknowst to the general populace) antagonized the delegate, resulting in the delegate taking his revenge.

In the ensuing cover opeartions, most of the 58th was lost to enemy fire or unrecovered escape pods. We were left with only two remaining members of the 58th, a war that had just gone up by a magnatude in intensity, and a cancelled show. (Fox can be real bastards sometimes. :()

S:AaB was a great show. Fox is supposedly bringing it to DVD in late 05 or early 06, or so the rumors go. At the very least, its been in talks with Fox to determine its fate.

(Alternately, I hate SAAB cars. After all, whats SAAB stand for but Something An Asshole Buys)

Dragon1 said:
Just wondering if any other human capital ships were shown of the series other than the JFK-class SCVN?

There are frigates, destroyers, and another class of carrier (Eisenhower?) with 2 cannons mounted on the top instead of just 1, as on the Saratoga. Oh yeah and the transport ship.

TV-Series and DVD are a great match. They are probably going to film new series and the future DVD extras at the same time.

What would the new series be like? would it have the same cast, and what about the plot, the series finale gave the impression that the war had swung in humanity's favour and that they were preparing to land the knock out blow (although it was hinted that the victory would be costly)

It was a great show. Unfortunately I only managed to see a few episodes during its initial run (can't remembe if it was because they were screwing with the time slot or not). I'll definitely by a box set when it comes out. (anyone know if it was filmed 4:3 originally or if there is a 16x9 version?)

I remember Space A&B coming on before Sliders on fox. I had to be about ten at the time. SA&B was sooo impressive to me. I'm not sure how far I got into the series. But, I remember an episode where the chigs made a superfighter and the invetro (spelling?) colonel had to come out of retirement and kick it's butt old school.

I would like to see the series again. And new episodes or heck a game would be good.

I did catch the tail end of a marathon of SA&B on SciFi. It was a year or two ago. I remember the day b/c we got dismissed early from school b/c of crazy snow. I'm not sure if SciFi still has rights to do this but someone could check and tell us.

~ "FritzBits"

I remember that show and it was good.
How long did that last??
In Australia we get to see only one season or something??

Dahan said:
I remember that show and it was good.
How long did that last??
In Australia we get to see only one season or something??

There was only 1 season of SAaB, that ran 22 episodes, so you're not missing anything from being on the wrong side of the planet. :)

Lt. Col. Tyrus Cassius "TC" McQueen: Well, I don't think our maker wants to hear from me right now. Because he know I'm going to go out in this plane and I'm going to remove one of His creations from His universe. And when I get back, I'm going to drink a bottle of scotch as if it was Chiggy Von Richtofen's blood and celebrate his death.

Priest: Amen.

What a line, the chigs never stood a chance!

I loved that show. It was one of the few (especially on regular network TV) that would introduce a character, make the viewer get emotionally attached, and then kill the character off.

I was really disappointed when they cancelled the series, though the final episode left the fates of some characters up in the air so they could still be alive if they ever made season 2.

Great show. If/when they put it out on DVD, it's definately getting added to my collection.

Back