Some mission assistance...

Antix

Rear Admiral
In T'lan Meth 425.0: No Survivors, just why is it that I keep getting a message from a Confed pilot that their engagement area is being overrun yet I am never forwarded to their position to assist and always end up with a 60% mission rating because I didn't haul @$$ over there and take care of them?

There is at least one mission where it is impossible to complete it 100% - unless someone has figured out how to get around it. One of those patrol missions which gets cut short when you need to rescue an SWACS - the most I got was 67%.

Originally posted by Antix
In T'lan Meth 425.0: No Survivors, just why is it that I keep getting a message from a Confed pilot that their engagement area is being overrun yet I am never forwarded to their position to assist and always end up with a 60% mission rating because I didn't haul @$$ over there and take care of them?

When you receive the message, call up the nav map. You will see an additional nav point. RIGHT-click on it to set it as your next destination. Finish off the rest of your map, then press auto pilot. You will be taken directly to the nav point where the Confed pilots are in trouble. Beat their butts and go home.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
Yeah, but that bug isn't in No Survivors. The missions with the bug are https://www.wcnews.com/guides/wcptlanmeth.shtml#3a and https://www.wcnews.com/guides/wcptlanmeth.shtml#3b
I knew it wasn't in No Survivors, but I can't believe there are two of them. That'll really hurt the average score. But if I want to find all the missions...

There's a similar mission in a losing SO path - I think that's scripted, since the civilian transports blow up as soon as you enter the navpoint, and the mission score is about 55%

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Wedge009
I knew it wasn't in No Survivors, but I can't believe there are two of them. That'll really hurt the average score. But if I want to find all the missions...

You only fly one or the other of the missions depending on your performance.

There's a similar mission in a losing SO path - I think that's scripted, since the civilian transports blow up as soon as you enter the navpoint, and the mission score is about 55%

No, I can't think of anywhen where that happens in SO. Prophecy, yes, but you don't lose mission score over that one. Secret Ops you can save everything except for the Albergetti.

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
No, I can't think of anywhen where that happens in SO. Prophecy, yes, but you don't lose mission score over that one. Secret Ops you can save everything except for the Albergetti.
Grr, I'll definitely have to find this one for you. I've complained about it before - there's a losing track mission in SO (I think you must be losing really badly, with several navpoints) you get a distress call a few navpoints from the last, and once you hit the last one, the transports which gave the call (they're outside visual range) blow up within the first few seconds, making it impossible to save... uh, oh, maybe it really is a problem at my end. I used Locke's infinite ammo patch for the fun of it in one run and I know that mucked up some of the missions (eg Luyten Station blows up instantly). I suppose that could have happened to the transports, since I usually only play losing missions a couple of times.

Back