Sims skins

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
Would anyone be interested in me putting together some Wing Commander skins? If you've got a particular character in mind tellme and I'll see how I go.

No Brainer.
Definitely, the famous Cats and maybe a few generics. And of course we need Maniac, Vaquero, Paladin, Blair, you know all the big names.:D

Hmmmmm, the cats might be a bit hard to do, but the rest I think I can pull off. Just tell me which ones exactly you want (such as WC1 Blair or WC3 Blair) and I'll see what I can do.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Hmmmmm, the cats might be a bit hard to do, but the rest I think I can pull off. Just tell me which ones exactly you want (such as WC1 Blair or WC3 Blair) and I'll see what I can do.

Never played the Sims, but I've seen some people play it. I think it would be kindof cool to climb into a hottub with Rachael or Flint :).

C-ya

It'd be funny to have a Nephilim walkin' around in The Sims and SimCity 4. (Nephilim gets in the hot tub)"Wassup Rachel!...yeah."

If you have The Sims and you want to do some yourself, then all you really need are the Blair skins you can download (I could even put them up maybe) and Sims Makeover Studio. It might help to have GoldFacelift, but it doesn't work on my computer and when it did it was a lot of trial and error. And having a lot of skins helps as well. The more the better, so you have more options and can make your character look closer to how they're meant to look. And here's a couple of tips as well. If you want to create, say, a female WC character, you'll need to turn the filter off. That way you can all all the textures, not just the ones for any particular group. Don't worry if it looks a bit off, it'll be fine in the game. Also, once you have made a skin it won't automatically go in the game. The best way to do it is to rename the skin, simply by copying and pasting the name of an existing skin. Here's a bit of a guide for doing that.

B003fasknlgt_01

B=Body
003=skin type
f=female
a=adult
skn=skinny
lgt=light skinned

To put your character in the game, simply choose a skin that has the same attributes as yours and copy and paste the name, adding a name to the end of your skin. such as B003fasknlgt_01Mariko
These might have to change, so if you put in, say, Knight, then your skin might be B003mafitdrk_01Knight, saying he's a fit, black adult male. I hope this helps for all the budding editors out there, and I'll still do those skins, this computer was giving me excedrin headache number nine last night and I couldn't do it.

I'd like to see the pilots from WC1, including Blair. But I'd also like to see a WC3 Blair. Likewise with Tolwyn, Paladin, Angel.

You got it. I'll see how I go. Hmmmmm...Tolwyn. Yes, I think I can do a good one of him. Hopefully I can have them done tonight, along with the Rachel and Flint skins. Right after I've done maintenence on my computer.

Welcom to Blair 101. This is from http://www.dougie.uk.com/blair.html

The Evolution of Bluhair:

Just who is this "bluehair" guy? You. Yep, you. Note the fashionable blue tinge in your waves? Well, the programmers took note of said feature and dubbed you "bluehair" no matter what your name was to begin with. For all intents and purposes, "bluehair" is a Boy Scout. He's honest, cheerful, brave, thrifty, clean, and er-maybe not reverent, but he's still the all-American hero. Origin couldn't have picked a better actor than Mark Hamill to play our hero. (Also note that our hero's name in WC3 is "Blair" -- just a shortened form of "bluehair".) There has been a lot of discussion as to why your character is always white and male. Back when WC1 first came out, that was a huge percentage of the PC gaming community. No sexism or racism was implied, Origin was just targeting an audience. Now, with live action video, it's impossible to choose race and gender to match the player, so it looks like we're stuck with Luke -er- "bluehair".

Room +5!

I made a ChrisReid portrait add-on once. I don't know if I still have that file anywhere.

CIC_6_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Back