Ships of the Black Lance

Tolwyn wasn't interested in power... and he already had Earth on his side... remember, he goes an argues before the senate that he should be allowed to attack the Border Worlds... and then there's a scene of the senate voting... and then Paladin says that Tolwyn can attack the Border Worlds... and then Tolwyn is show commanding a fleet, attacking something... apparently the obvious bus broke down somewhere for you. :)

I perfer the Caesar angle, that never occured to me...Wow, thats cool...

... except the group of planets he's attacking clearly *isn't* Earth... and we know Tolwyn had no desire for power...

Been a awhile since i've seen the movie, I just remember the big fleet going through a jump point or something. I probably wasn't even paying attention to the planet.

The fleet heads for a group of planets, and Tolwyn says 'launch the attack'... and then they speed towards the planets.

LOAF is correct, but I perfer the idea of Tolwyn pulling a coup on Confed...

Personally, I never really understood the point of painting a Hellcat black, like in the WC4 novel. Black means evil, sure, but isnt that a bit much? And besides, I think if you just wiped out the registry and transponder numbers, that makes it as untraceable as possible. Painting it black is a little silly, esp under conventional means, since you need light to reflect off of the fighter to see it to begin with.
Imagine trying to maintain visual formation while in one of those suckers! :eek:

A black Hellcat (in this case, a Black Hellcat) would be harder to spot... and would be the same color scheme as the black Lances (Black Lances:)).

As for Tolwyn taking over Earth... it doesn't make *ANY SENSE AT ALL*... <G>

Well, I don't have to mention my arguement of light in space being nessessary to see the fighters but...

As for Tolwyn, I dun care what the heck he does as long as he is alive...*sniff*...

I thought that is was just the lines that are normally yellow were painted Black...

I thought that soldiers can disobey illegal orders or disobey them if the officer giving them is acting irrationaly.

Hey, why would Seether's rank be classified? He's a colonel by his insignia, but Paulson refuses to give Blair his rank...

There is light in space, though -- almost all of WC takes place inside of solar systems (exception: the Privateer 1 'intro' story thing...)

Soldiers can refuse to obey illegal orders in WC.

Seether was a Colonel.

::blink:: Good question...Paulson lets Seether's rank slip when he talks to Blair, calling our favorite knife-weilding
GE pilot "Mister", which means Seether is a Warrent Officer, a special citizen with no real military rank inside the chain of command.

I think that was supposed to be Blair's jumping on Paulsen's lack of military knowledge -- acting overly-formal to criticize him (people call other officers 'mister' all the time in WC...).

Seether is an officer, as he attended the Academy, and he wears a Colonel's insignia.

But...but...Forstchen lays down the idea that Seether was a warrant officer...::blink::

Paulson THEN says that Seether isn't a Warrant Officer, when Blair asks about it.

"Um...no, he isn't" Was the quote, IIRC.

But the fact that Forstchen presents the evidence directly and the fac that Paulson denied it so badly...well, you know where I'm goin...;)

No, I don't.

Paulson admitted that he wasn't a warrant officer, he just didn't tell Blair what rank Seether was. He wears the insignia of a colonel, so he probably is a colonel.

Paulson going "um..." was probably him thinking like mad to try to avoid telling Blair what rank Seether actually was.

I got the impression that Paulsen didn't know what the hell he was doing and that all he knew was that Seether was actually in command and all he had to do was act the captain. He didn't expect Blair to ask awkward questions and wasn't prepared.

After all, he was so clueless he didn't see what was coming to him...

Good for you! Actually, that's exactly what happened. (No, I'm not being sarcastic)

See, Paulson literally was a professional bureaucrat. He didn't have much knowledge of tactics, and was only involved in the Project because, well, his home planet was torched.

Back