Ships for UE2?

Finaly registred !

Weeee....... finaly received tgis "account activating" thing !
It is nice to get rid of this "guest" mark :D
Although i've been messing around WC forums more than 4 years, the idea of registring visited me recently !

Originally posted by OBETAX
Quarto, regarding Thunderbolts you are wrong ! It is still a frontline fighter in Confed Navy! Although the 7th or even 8th revision of this craft !
Not as far as we know :). The fighters we see on the Midway are the frontline fighters of 2681, and the Thunderbolt is quite inferior to them. In combat against the bugs, it can barely stay alive. We see this in SO - even though the Thunderbolts and the Excals fly in bigger groups than WCP's fighters fly in, they usually suffer bigger casualties (at least, when I play).

As for the Razor, that description you have doesn't come from any official sources :p. I'd rather like to know what the official sources have to say about it (if anything).

Originally posted by Quarto
Yeah, the pirates in WC4 were a very well-supplied lot indeed... Excals, Thunderbolts, Arrows (with cloaks), a range of Border Worlds ships... they certainly didn't just purchase them at the nearest ship dealer ;). In fact, this begs the question - how do we know the Razor is a civilian design?

does anything ever truely say that they were pirates. remember, the BL flew BW ships and it would make since that they would have the top of the line confed ships. mabye we fought the BL all along and never knew it.

and shit, if ya gonna throw all that was mentioned in, why not put in the best fighter ever made.....the Dragon. BW captured them in WC4 and i don't think confed would want them back, given that they signify the Black Lance and everyone wants to forget about that. but definatly put in the Raptor. that ship kicked major ass in WC1 and is one of the best ever made.

uhh, OBbETAX, might wanna shorten your sig b4 the brass gets you.

The Pirates had connections with BlackLance and so with the Confed ! Thats about the Pirate Thunderbolts.

Also,about the Database,its also shown the Dragon as an BW ship......it is ??

The Ships Database,shows what ships you fly with which one side.I think.....or it doesnt make sense else...

Originally posted by Needaham45
I just realized something. It's a little off topic. We said before that the BW wouldn't have Thunderbolts - too new, Confed still using them, etc. So, if that's teh case, how did pirates get there hands on them? (I know in WC4 there were pirates with Thunderbolts... also, they're listed as a pirate ship in the CIC ships database). I'm not saying they should be in UE2 or that they shouldn't be, I'm just saying that I'm not sure how we could say the BW don't have Thunderbolts - especially considering pirates have them.

Sorry, the last post is cause of this Quote :)

Originally posted by Quarto
Argh, I wish I could just erase people's memory of the Dragon :rolleyes:.

I agree...The Dragon is too good .....And also.No I dont think The BW could ever have Dragons...They are the state of the art ships and they have needs....I think that even Confed dont use them but only for Black Ops or special occasions

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I agree...The Dragon is too good .....And also.No I dont think The BW could ever have Dragons...They are the state of the art ships and they have needs....I think that even Confed dont use them but only for Black Ops or special occasions

I don't think confed is using them.
Too bad memories are tied with it, too expensive, their gunpower is too low and a vampire would tear it to shreds.

I think they use them but for very ,very special occasions(<--spelling?)....

They just cant abandoned a ship like that !!

Confed probably has the Dragons, Bio Weapons, and everything else the Black Lance had under lock and key somewhere. They're probably mothballed - they have them, adn can use them, but because of everything tied with them the won't - at least not for a while. The probably didn't salvage them though - they're too good for that.

The BW also proably have a small squadron of them still too, in the same condition. The BW are looking for anything they can get, especially a state of the art ship like that. There's no way they would have destroyed the ones they captured. Which leads me to think on some special secret suicide mission in UE2... the Dauntless may end up recieving a special convoy carrying some um... special fighters and supplies (I'm not saying we're gonna do that... don't think I'm saying we are, we haven't even started plot creation yet). The BW has to still have them, they're just not being used.

I don't think they'll be a ship in UE2. If they are at all, they'll probably only appear in the simulator, or one or two missions (not as a standard ship - they may not even be player flyable), or maybe in the storyline somewhere. The chances of them being in there aren't good though - they're just too powerful.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I think they use them but for very ,very special occasions(<--spelling?)....

Your spelling is fine.

They just cant abandoned a ship like that !!

I agree. If the Border Worlds still have Lances, they would most definitely make use of them. They're not the type to let things go to waste.

What about freighters outfitted to carry several fighters? I believe something like this was mentioned in the Wc4 Novel.

The Border Worlds might still have those Dragons they stole in WC4, but remember, there is no evidence that they stole any spare parts :). Even if they didn't fly the Dragons even once since 2673, the abuse that they were subjected to in the last few missions of WC4 means that the Border Worlders' Dragons are probably not even certified to fly.

well, i'm sure that the carrier they got them from would have spare parts. and the Dragons also pretty much take care of themselves, as pliers said in WC4

Now Quarto... would it be too much to include just some mention of the Dragons in UE2... just to end this whole debate once and for all? My personal feelings are throw them in for one special mission as part of a special BW group used in extreme cases...

btw... did you get a chance to look at that e-mail where I talk about a plot idea and the possible game intro? I haven't received any comments on it. I know this isn't the best place for this, but I thought it would be silly to send an e-mail asking if u were getting my e-mails.

Now Quarto... would it be too much to include just some mention of the Dragons in UE2... just to end this whole debate once and for all?

How would that end any debate?

Now Quarto... would it be too much to include just some mention of the Dragons in UE2... just to end this whole debate once and for all? My personal feelings are throw them in for one special mission as part of a special BW group used in extreme cases...
I really do think that Dragons are best forgotten, though :p. I'd much rather come up with some excuse to explain why they can't be used any more than to drop in a mention of them being used elsewhere in the BW.

btw... did you get a chance to look at that e-mail where I talk about a plot idea and the possible game intro? I haven't received any comments on it. I know this isn't the best place for this, but I thought it would be silly to send an e-mail asking if u were getting my e-mails.
I read it, but haven't replied yet, that's all :p.

The borderworlders are a strange bunch, remember...
IIRC in WC4 they dismanteled working confed ships in order to get spare parts.
As I see the BW, they probably took apart the Dragons to use their engine parts to power several CAPSHIPS.

OTOH I'd kinda like to see how the Dragon sucks in UE2. With the slow turn ratio it would probably only be usable as a bomber...
No upgrades either - the Dragon is probably so advanced modding it is above what the BW can do with their shipyards/parts.

Do you have already an idea about including new capships? Or ar you going to keep the same like in UE1? I personally would like to see some of the older WC1 or WC2 capships with the cool orange-red BW paintjops.

Back