Ships for UE2?

You boosted the armor on the Cat?! That kinda kills the point of using the Cat other than for the look. The Cat is (and ought to stay) 100 armor, 250 shields, 2 Ion/2 Particle, 6 Artemis missiles (and MAYBE a pack of Dragonflies added on), 60/60/60 dps and 420/120 kps. Boosting it just makes it feel like a Panther clone.

I play with the hellcat instead of the Panther and the Wasp sometimes.In Bombing missions I use the regular bombers.;)

Panther Clone? Not really.

The 'cat is still slow, and unmanuverable compared to the Panther. here are the stats:

Speed: 440Kps

Afterburner: 1200

Y/P/R 65dps

Armor F/B/S: 200/200/160

Shield: 250

Doubling the armor on the 'cat came because I had to double the armor on the Arrow, since pilots usually got shot out of it. After that I doubled the Thud', Excal' and 'cat.

My concept was to have the fighters maintain the general charictoristics. I was thinking Hellcat VI though.

Hey,I never said that Hellcat is similar to Panther or it can replace it or something.I just like the Hellcat very much and I import it in Prophecy and SO to play with it instead of Panther.Also I like Challenges,and if you complete at Nightmare with the Hellcat instead of the Panther/Vampire ,its quite a challenge believe me.:p

Also,These stats are what you purpose for the Hellcat?That makes sense,otherwise they are not correct !

Yes, proposed stats. I work on the theory that for every hardpoint you add one missile, so the Excalibur has 4IR/4IR/4FF/4FF. Armor I doubled, except for the Bearcat, which just got +50cm. Guns, well, the Hellcat and Bearcat are the same; the Excalibur has 4 Tachyon, 2 Chain Ion, only I altered the Chain Ion to behave like the Reaper; just with a slightly faster refire and higher energy drain.

The Longbow got +150 armor, a slightly faster burner and a rocket pod.

Oh, and the Arrow trades it's Ions for Massdrivers, which cause serios grapes!

Anyway, relaiting to UE, is it forseable that all these ships and weapons might be released in a pack to add to SO?

Originally posted by BattleDog
Anyway, relaiting to UE, is it forseable that all these ships and weapons might be released in a pack to add to SO?
Well, you can release them any way you like, but I don't see how that relates to UE :).

Yes, proposed stats. I work on the theory that for every hardpoint you add one missile, so the Excalibur has 4IR/4IR/4FF/4FF. Armor I doubled, except for the Bearcat, which just got +50cm. Guns, well, the Hellcat and Bearcat are the same; the Excalibur has 4 Tachyon, 2 Chain Ion, only I altered the Chain Ion to behave like the Reaper; just with a slightly faster refire and higher energy drain.

The Longbow got +150 armor, a slightly faster burner and a rocket pod.

Oh, and the Arrow trades it's Ions for Massdrivers, which cause serios grapes!

Well,I agree with what you say.....They are good proposals.AND YOU ADD LOGICAL AMOUNTS OF MISSLES TOU THE SHIPS.....:p :p :p

Sorry, I meant the UE ships. I typed so fast I missed a whole clause:)
Ah, ok then. Well, no, we don't have any plans for that. If you want to use them with SO, just extract them from UE and add them yourself :p.

I can't seem to get the unpacker to work. *shrug* Dosen't bother me too much. The thing which I really liked in UE was having a gun that could damage componets on Cap ships. The other thing I did to SO was make the plasma gun into the WC4 plasma gun, that made up for the lack of Torps on the Thud'.

Back