Secret Ops Download

Kilroy

Spaceman
Hi there! Since I have a new computer with internet connection, I tried to get at least some fragments of Wing Commander Prophecy Secret Ops. Origin allows the download of the basic game (the first episode) but there are only informations about the plot of the other ones. I personly don't understand, why they took the episodes from their server.
Is there any way of getting the missing ones? Does anyone of you have the files? (Maybe you could send me them attached to an email, or something like that) Or would this be an idea for the CIC Files Section? (What do you say, LOAF? ;) )

[Edited by Kilroy on 06-17-2001 at 02:28]

The only way to legally get Secret Ops is purchasing Wing Commander Prophecy: Gold. You'll probably need to look on e-bay or a similar site for that.

(just a little hint... if anyone posts a link or explanation of how to get the files they get their post edited, this thread closed and a kick in the head.)

TC

My profuse appologise for putting up a post that
lead to this thread. Yes, I posted links to the
downloading of WC Prophecy Secret Ops Files, but
the website's menu has the files listed, quite
loudly and blatantly as "FREEWARE!"

Again, I appologise, if I had known, I'd've kept it
to myself! :(

I realise that, $tormin (no g ;) ) but some people either don't appologise because they see what they're doing is right or they just don't care. I, however, have no want to create problems on my beloved WC Board! :(

Again, Appologise! And many thanks for not reducing my rank to something ghastly!

Worry not, ManBoy, the fault is mine for posting it in the first place!

The problem is, the way Origin marketed the add on missions, many people actually think that it IS freeware and are oblivious to the fact that to trade in it is warez!

I claim an honest mistake of fact for my client Your Honour!

They made it quite clear on their site that it was a limited time offer... Ignorance isn't really an excuse for anything unless the information is hidden from you in some way.

TC

But if the site that used to allow downloads of SO is not up there anymore, who can read the disclaimer about it being illegal? I just feel in this case you can allow for people not knowing that it is illegal.

No, the site http://www.secreetops.com is still on, but you can only download the basic/first episode, not the following. But I also doubt that it would be illegal. I mean if they share it for free, they cannot complain if we still do.

Yeah it still does. Weird. However, I draw your attention to this line. It should be a source of much mirth and merriment to you all!

And I quote...

"In the meantime, stay tuned for news on the next Wing Commander"

- http://www.secretops.com

Its basically the demo for SO. YOu can still download demos from games that have been out for years so why should this be any different.

Back