Secret Missions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I like it too, how come it seems like as soon as I want to use it it goes away? :)

Re: Errr...

Originally posted by Ben
Errr thats not what I meant.
It's not what you meant, but it is what I asked. That's why he said it.

Mav23: Not here it isn't. It's still being shown on Cartoon Network Europe, but <censored> <censored> UPC put CN in an extra hyper-expensive optional set called UPC Digital as of yesterday.
Ah hell, they'll be bankrupt soon, so then we won't have any cable at all. Although their stock went up 27% the other day: from €0.29 to €0.37... :(
For those of you without Euro fonts installed: € is the Euro symbol.

Well, I got past the mission now, using your tactics. Thanks for all the help.
I got reassigned to a Raptor! Yay!! :D
Got past the next mission in a breeze. Okay, fighting all those Salthi in a Raptor was kinda hard, but nothing I couldn't handle, and certainly nothing compared to the last two missions.
The one after that I nearly completed. I killed the ambush force, pressed A for auto, and SM1 crashed. So I'll have to do it again.

Yah

"That's always frustrating but somehow I think they belong to playing PC games, those crahses."

The totally devoted Mac Guy here attempts self control not to comment on PC crashes....

Unforgiven -- Heh, congrats. That's gonna be one of the hardest mission's you'll face along with dealing w/ the Gwenhyvar. Thats also a hard mission... Well, it weas for me as I completely ignored the rapiers shooting at me as it was 4 on 1(rapiers are harder to kill then jalthi In my humble opinion)and I was in a raptor with a REAL sucky winglady..

Mav23 -- On a gaming board tactics is all that matters. Hell, in a game tactics is all that matters. Without tactics you will fail, simple as that. I simply find tactics is a great use to me in achieving the goals of the game. But you must have the flying skills to carry them out (again, congrats unforgiven)

Ben

Re: Heh. Answers...

Originally posted by Ben
Just trust me on this, this mission is frustrating enough to keep this single Dralthi alive. It took me a while to figure out how to keep Bossman myself AND the Dralthi alive (like doing the mission 20 times). Its quite Hard, so doubling back to Nav 1 would kill at least ONE of your wingmen.
Well, I can understand the lack of fuel thing in SWC, but I've never managed to run out of fuel.

Originally posted by redwolf
The quickest way to get out of an asteroid field IS to use afterburners and keep a straight course, only deviating for the slow moving asteroids that lumber towards you. All the others go by the wayside.
You must be very lucky. That never works for me. Even when I turn on invincibility for the fun of it, I always get hit by an asteroid when afterburning. WC1, WC2 and Privateer.

Re: Yah

Originally posted by Ben
"That's always frustrating but somehow I think they belong to playing PC games, those crahses."

The totally devoted Mac Guy here attempts self control not to comment on PC crashes....

Well, as a PC guy, tell me what it's like to not be able to play 80% of the computer games on the market, what a truely bad OS set up is like and the complete lack of any real processing power is like.

The last good Apple was the Apple IIe.

Re: Yah

Originally posted by Ben

My PC didn't crash, just SM1. And believe me, it's just as easy to write a bad crash-prone program for the Mac as it is for Windows, Linux, BeOS, FreeBSD, Atari, Amiga, Nintendo etc. etc. etc.

Unforgiven -- Heh, congrats. That's gonna be one of the hardest mission's you'll face along with dealing w/ the Gwenhyvar. Thats also a hard mission... Well, it weas for me as I completely ignored the rapiers shooting at me as it was 4 on 1(rapiers are harder to kill then jalthi In my humble opinion)and I was in a raptor with a REAL sucky winglady..
You mean the Dralthi mission I presume, as the other weren't really hard.
And who's the 'real sucky winglady'? Angel, Spirit?

Re: Re: Yah

Originally posted by Unforgiven

You mean the Dralthi mission I presume, as the other weren't really hard.
And who's the 'real sucky winglady'? Angel, Spirit?

Spirit... Angel can fly good sometimes, just not usually. Spirit, in my opinion, has always sucked. She "only fires when she has a good shot" according to Shotglass. Unfortunately, it seems she NEVER has a good shot!!!

Originally posted by LeHah

Well, as a PC guy, tell me what it's like to not be able to play 80% of the computer games on the market, what a truely bad OS set up is like and the complete lack of any real processing power is like.

The last good Apple was the Apple IIe.

[Note: I did NOT ever slam the PC at all UNTIL Mac was slammed.] First of all "PC Guy" those 80% of games unplayable are the real crappy ones. The games out for Mac are the ones people actually like to play. Yah, the 80% that aren't Mac are made up of the worst games such as.. Well.. I dunno, they never made it to Mac, even the PC's hated them, so how would I know what they are :-p

Also, Bill Gates was quoted saying "This operating system isn't enough like the Mac, it needs to be more like the Mac" according to a book written by one of his "left hand" employees. Also, I would like to bring up the fact that Bill Gates STOLE the Mac Operating System, and thus the PC's operating system is just as advanced as the Mac. In a way you slam yourself when you say that. Also, About "the last good Apple was the Apple IIe" Let me just say...

Uuuuum. No!

Ben

Re: Re: Re: Yah

Originally posted by Ben
Note: I did NOT ever slam the PC at all UNTIL Mac was slammed.

I didn't slam Mac until you slammed PCs. Your point is moot.

First of all "PC Guy" those 80% of games unplayable are the real crappy ones. The games out for Mac are the ones people actually like to play. Yah, the 80% that aren't Mac are made up of the worst games such as.. Well.. I dunno, they never made it to Mac, even the PC's hated them, so how would I know what they are

Ok, lets see a raise of hands on this board on who own's a Mac? And besides, as many bad games as there are on PC, at least the PC continues to evolve it's gaming. Mac just takes sucessful stuff from the previous year and transforms it to be used in a craptacular OS.

The fact you can't even back-up your "Made up of the worst games" arguement dictates I probably won't acknowledge you for as long as I can remember you're actually stupider than me.

The PC may have had bad games, but the Mac is as dead as a collective group of doornails.

Also, Bill Gates was quoted saying "This operating system isn't enough like the Mac, it needs to be more like the Mac" according to a book written by one of his "left hand" employees. Also, I would like to bring up the fact that Bill Gates STOLE the Mac Operating System, and thus the PC's operating system is just as advanced as the Mac. In a way you slam yourself when you say that.

Ignoring the fact that he also made DOS, a vastly superior and stable system than a recent Macincrap. He also made Windows 3.11, of which I can think of no equal (except DOS 5.0).

Also, About "the last good Apple was the Apple IIe" Let me just say...

Please do not leave large empty spaces before saying something stupid. It's just annoying, ontop of pointless. If you cannot back up an arguement, either be a man and point that out or remain silent.

I cannot think of a single innovation Apple has released in the past 8 years. Even the DVD burner is really just a CD Burner of another format.

Re: Re: Re: Yah

Originally posted by Ben

Spirit... Angel can fly good sometimes, just not usually. Spirit, in my opinion, has always sucked. She "only fires when she has a good shot" according to Shotglass. Unfortunately, it seems she NEVER has a good shot!!!
In the mission after the Dralthi one Spirit managed to kill 3, which is pretty good. I can't say she's any better or worse than anyone else, really. And I guess I just like her. ;)

hmm, mac's
why!
the last time my PC crashed was weeks ago, when i accidentally loads quake3, UT ad Counterstrike alltogether
and heres a question, is CnC red alert on the mac

and lastly is only good games get converted to mac how come not all the WC games are on, and it hasnt got wc1 only SWC, which was never a PC game but was a console game!!

if u like WC u cant like Macs, or at least u have to use a mac as well!

NO MAC VERSUS PC FIGHTS!

I thought that was the *one* stupid internet thing we got over in 1996...:)

Apparently something else we didn't get over yet is the incredibly annoying habit of placing an apostrophe in a word intended to be plural, thereby making it precisely FUCKING INCORRECT and STUPID.

Well, Frosty, maybe we should just give you the ability to edit posts just to make you happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back