Scaling WC Fighters.

In WC4, when you just landed on it for the first time, didn't panther inform eisen that it's former captain was on the bridge, and the bridge had just been blown off the ship?

Bandit LOAF said:
No, that's an old rumor. One of the old Aces Club people made an Intrepid manual that had a giant flight tower... but the actual Tango is just "clean" where the bridge is supposed to be.

Hmm. I could of sworn, but alright.

Mace said:
In WC4, when you just landed on it for the first time, didn't panther inform eisen that it's former captain was on the bridge, and the bridge had just been blown off the ship?

The bridge and berthing sections formed the upper part of the ship. They were destroyed by torpedos(??) from a confed cruiser that was chasing them.

intrepidtop.jpg

tangotop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
huh the damage textures make a difference. I must have been confused since when the top isn't all black it looks like there's more there. Thanks for the comparsion shots LOAF

And even with nice textures the ship is ugly. there is a lot of wasted space between the two naceles.

Remember that the Durango-class is a line warship and not a carrier at all - so you can't find fault with it not having huge boxes to fill with fighters.

Oh, you're right, but during the conversion they could've extended the main "body" between the naceles. Well, the durango's shape was a purely aestetical choice made by the game artistis anyway.

Dundradal said:
I thought it was a destroyer...

p. 167 of the TPoF novel lists it as the "former TCS Delphi, a Durango-class heavy destroyer" The WC4 script that you can DL also lists the Intrepid as a 'converted destroyer'.

Back