Save the Weasel

psych said:
One of Ghost's pictures is very appropriate for this occassion.

positive14.jpg

really, why do you treat him so badly?
he's done absolutely nothing wrong

Ripper said:
Whatever happened with the babe in the math class??

Well, if you recall the story, I was going to talk to her next time I saw her in class. Sadly, that chance never came. Next time I saw her, she had a drop/add form in her hand. So, I got to talk to her for . . ohh . . 30 seconds, and a passing "hello" on the way between classes like . . three times since then. Oh well.

You know, it would have had a bit more impact if it was, say, Vaquero who went up in that Arrow. Then again, that would have probably incited enough anger vs. Flash that people would have been upset was there not a "smack the punk" option.

Filler said:
really, why do you treat him so badly?
he's done absolutely nothing wrong

Absolutely nothing wrong? I can think of some right now . . .

1) Sylvester posted over 50 posts upon his first day on the CIC, just like a regular
enthusiastic teenage newbie. I feel quite ill when I see that newbies don't bother to use the search button to find their answers, so they ask stupid questions. "Hey, I have a question but I don't feel like searching for the answer. Can someone be my bitch and do the searching for me, while I prop my feet up on the table and enjoy a cold one?" Of course, you won't find any evidence of that, most of these posts are deleted.

2) Sylvester is no different then all the stupid idealistic newbies I've encountered in the WC Fan community in the past seven years, who are so enthusiastic that they have the delusion that they think they have what it takes to make a change to the WC community. What a bunch of BS, most of these guys will quit anyway.

3) Sylvester offers to whore himself for every WC project. Whenever there's a WC project, Sylvester offers his unexperienced services. Like anyone wants to have him sign on. But one exception. Kazan, a true "WC patriot" posted "Origin hasn't made a new game out, but we can!!!" without bothering to research on the WC mods that has been out. And guess who enthuastically signed up with him offering to write fan fiction? Sylvester. (Hey Kazan, how's your WC mod doing? I'm sure Sylvester is helping you get some damn good progress so far).

4) Sylvester insults me, an aerospace engineering graduate, by saying he wants to be an engineer and he's only in 9th grade of high school. In 9th grade, no one is in a "principles of engineering" cirriculum, you start off in basic classes (in my case, I started off in all academic honor programs and was in it all 4 years, but not once has they called it "principles of engineering"). If he keeps on converting meters to pounds, then he better just quit now. I had 160 people start off in my engineering major when I reported to college, all of them the top of their class, they put out hard in high school and have strong academic acheivements. And guess what? Thirty of us graduated. The rest changed their majors to something easy or failed or quit.

5) Trying to suck up to me by praising the fighter biographies I wrote for my webpage (I let the WC Saga team use them). I hate suckups.

6) Sylvester's writing sucks. Take one look at his UE chapter up there.

7) Making the stupidest most unrealstic WC tech lately. I'm in the WC Aces Club, and I have experienced first hand the crap that he has submitted multiple times to there. Plus if I recall, he even posted some of his stuff up on the CIC as well.

I can come up with a few more, but I got a few hundred pullups to do plus this is in General Wing Commander Chat so I must be cautious in what I think. So I'll stop here.

Pysch, Sylvester is just a kid, man. An annoying one I know but in the end, he does what most kids do. I am nowhere defending him but I think he should be treated as any other kid. Ignore the bullshit he writes (which is almost always).

Thats what a grownup should do, right?

I am sorry, but your emotional "He's just a kid, man! :)" excuse doesn't cut it for me.

I was just a little older then Sylvester's age when I first came into the WC community at the age of 16, (I think LOAF and Jibbo came along about the same time as I did). And I do remember that at that age, I didn't go around posting 50 posts in a day. And at that age, I also became one of the youngest WC fanfic managers (and in a darker part of my history, an op in the evil #wing-commander :( ). But the point is was that I didn't get up there acting like a idiotic shitbird like Sylvester or all the other TeEnAgE nEwBiEs that came and went along the years, I got up there by keeping my eyes and ears open and my mouth shut. When I was in a position to do something worthwhile, I took the knowledge I learned (from the previous sentence) to go ahead and do it.

Now . . . if you have a problem with the fact that I hold Sylvester and all the other teenage idiots with the same expectations I did to myself when I was 16, if you have a problem that I don't like sitting by and let garbage stink up the entire house when I can do something about it, if you have a problem that I'm not "tolerant" of screwups, and if you have a problem with my overly critical attention to detail, take it to full-auto PM. Or you can hold a protest rally. Either way, I'm done with this thread.

Psych, I go to bergen county technical high school, its different than most, in this school, you choose a technical major to study (For instance: Pre Engineering)

Btw: If something is broken, fix it right.

So if this is the case, tell me what I need to do. (Short of deactivating my account)

De-Actavate the account.

Ahh, I've seen the dead man's name show up, but it's Mitchell. Then it shows up in the second slot...

My punishment for buying the PSX version of WCIII.

Mitchell is one of the Victory's complement of generic wingmen (Mitchell, Primate, Bacon Boy, etc.)... he's already launched when you start that mission.

Bob-O-Matte was, IIRC, the nickname for someone who did the 'matte' stuff in WCIV (greenscreens and what-not).

Ah ha! That's actually pretty clever. I remember seeing the name on that hapless pilot's helmet in that WV4 cut scene and just started laughing. Such a silly callsign!

That's pretty cool, though, where he got the callsign from. It's too bad you couldn't fly with him.

Back