Save the Weasel

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
I found out that in the mission in WC3 where flash sleeps through the scramble alert and the one that everyone says that the pilot Weasel dies in. Well, I found out how to save him, if you manually launch and pull straight up in afterburners, he won't die.

One of Ghost's pictures is very appropriate for this occassion.

positive14.jpg

Sylvester said:
I found out that in the mission in WC3 where flash sleeps through the scramble alert and the one that everyone says that the pilot Weasel dies in. Well, I found out how to save him, if you manually launch and pull straight up in afterburners, he won't die.

And?

There's no way to save him -- he doesn't exist. The comm is queued automatically when you're taking off.

... but if you blow up enough of your wingmen, you'll find Bacon Boy.

I tried several times and it never worked.

I did have Maniac punch out on me and then Vagabond was there.... :confused:

I seem to recall having the doomed wingman survive a time or two . . . 'cept I always saw his name as Mitchell. Who knows. I've run into Bacon Boy a few times too . . .

There's no way to save him because he doesn't *exist*. It's just an automatically queued VDU segment.

Mitchell is one of the 'normal' generic wingmen - along with Primate and such.

Bacon Boy is a *secret* generic wingman.

Loaf, not do go against you or anything, but, I've actually seen the Arrow get toasted. I know that the situation is triggered upon your launch, and that the arrow doesn't take an actual hit when it dies (because I've seen it happen more than once), but there IS an arrow out there that goes kablooey when the guy screams. At least, in both copies of WC3 that I own (Dos and WCKS)

Oh, yeah -- but there's no Weasel pilot there. You can't stop him from blowing up because he doesn't exist to start out (G) It's all a triggered thing-y.

Doesn't Bacon Boy appear during the scramble to protect the Behemoth?

Has anyone noticed this?

When Flash gets off the ship, and the guys are watching him, the alarm goes off and they are saying Launch All Fighters! Afterwards, you go to the barracks and he's sleeping... He says he heard the alarm when he was sleeping.. But... He was down there getting off the ship!

Frosty said:
That's because he's a dick.

Yeah. I think my best "Flash moment" was the mission right after he's all excited for surviving for so long. I picked him and, sure enough, he gets himself killed going after the kat cruiser. HAHAHA! Too funny :D

I remember being somewhat saddened when I chose flint as my tongue-buddy and then she got vaporized by a cruiser's AMG. Kinda sucked.

That's better than choosing Flash as your tongue buddy. (Insert "EEWWWWWW" smiley here.)

I've gone immediately to the Nav map upon startup, and "targeted" the Weasel Arrow. So the ship actually does exist, but blows up no matter what you do. If you're also real fast at smart targeting, you can actuallt target him before he blows. I guess my game doesn't have the glitch. :(

Back