Run All Old WC Games in DOSBox Walkthrough

I don`t know if anybody had ask this before when yes please sorry about a stupit little German boy. I had installed WC3 with Dosbox. Now i can`t run the game.
It´s the ems memory it`s not "compliment" so i think was the message.
Can anybody help me.
It´s all running on Win XP ( why did i buy this S...) ...D-Fend makes also Problems and don´t run the game

Yep, has been asked several times already ;)

You need to change ems=True to ems=False in the dosbox.conf - that should fix that prob. - If you still got probs, check my conf-file for WC3 (see post #12)

Only main prob with that conf is, that wc3 is unstable with dynamic core. - You might want to leave it at normal. But that's way too slow for WC3. even dynamic is too slow for my setup - PIV 3.2Ghz. So you should not expect too much, if you got an even slower CPU... :(

Hey,Hey it run`s!
With a little help from a friend and another Programm it works.
I could cry to see it again so long ago!
Wonderfull

Does it run at perfect speed without sound-probs or so? If so, it would be real nice if you would post, how you got it working.

The Sound is a bit groggy and the fly modus could better. I try to make it better. I run the game with VDMSound2[1].1.0.

I'm having a bit of trouble with privateer 2; I can get it loaded up and everything, but it gets stuck on the "please insert disk 1" screen.

HELP with Wing Commander: Privateer running using DOSBox

well everything works up to typing priv.exe to run the game then I will type what happens to my screen

'Memory Original Current Used
'Near 29516 28986 530
'Far 357660 322316 35344
'High 3472736 3446704 26032

Fatal error.

Error Code: D002-FFFF
Program halted by code.
JEMM unloaded.

C:\>

Thanks for all the great info, thanks to the settings by THE_WUQKED I got Privateer to run again! :D
The reason I'm posting though is to suggest setting the core setting to "simple" for me that solved the problem of the intro movie crashing and the game seems to run a bit better as well. Could be because my system is kinda old though:
Athlon 1100
768MB PC133 Ram
Radeon 9200 128MB

Darth Roel said:
Thanks for all the great info, thanks to the settings by THE_WUQKED I got Privateer to run again! :D
The reason I'm posting though is to suggest setting the core setting to "simple" for me that solved the problem of the intro movie crashing and the game seems to run a bit better as well. Could be because my system is kinda old though:
Athlon 1100
768MB PC133 Ram
Radeon 9200 128MB
Good to know! :)
Will change that as well to prevent the crash ;)

Weird thing is though: if you alt-tab out of dosbox, in the other window is says something like "can't run in simple mode, switched to normal mode"

Just got WC3 (original version) from ebay today, and I've been working for awhile to get it to run with DOSBox. Here's the layout of my problem:
- I've already changed EMS to false
- I copied the files from the first CD (out of 4) to c:\>wc3 and mounted it to there, and it seems be fine until I actually try to start playing.
- When I go through the game configuration menu, it all goes fine until I select "Save Settings and Run WC3," when the DOS prompt says

"Open failed on file: ..\..\DATA\GAMEFLOW\LOADOUT.IFF"

and suggests this is the result of a bad CD-ROM read.

Any suggestions? I really loved this game when it first came out, and I really want to be able to play it again.

Why didn't you just mount your cd-drive as cd-drive? No reason to copy the cd to the wc3 folder, imo.
Also might explain your probs...

Wc3

I am trying to get Wing Commander III, the DOS version, to work with WIndows XP. I have changed all the settings in the dosbox.confg file to match those others posted, but I am still having problems. With a the dynamic core option enabled, the flight portion of the game runs smooth even in close quarter combat, however, the movies are another problem. The movie starts but after a sec it freezes and will not play. I can press esc and cancel the movie and the game continues without playing the movie(s).

My specs:
AMD 64 3500+
Nvidia Geforce 4 TI 4600
1gig of PC3200 DDR
16X DVD-ROM

Thanks

That typically has to do with your sound card. Not sure if it matters being pumped through dosbox, but enabling or disabling your sound card hardware acceleration sometimes affects that. There's also this for KS WC3: "I need to alt-tab out of the intro movies and set the game to NORMAL priority in the task manager, otherwise it freezes. Some people still have other problems, but it works really well for me this way."

You are right, it is the soundcard. I disabled the soundcard in the wc3.exe and the movies played without a problem. However, how do I get the sound to work with the game using dosbox? Thanks!

Hi,
when I try loading armada it says something about not finding a JEMM FILE
when I try loading the fix -65 thingy, it says that I do not have enough RAM

Back