Righteous Robot Recollection (November 5, 2021)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Ever wonder why Righteous Fire had such an elaborate rendered intro focused on a mech you never see again? It was leftover content that was originally cut from the base Privateer game!

The scene was created as a losing endgame which would play if you landed with a negative credit balance. To save space, the design was tweaked to make that case impossible. RF’s writer wrote a new script for the existing footage explaining your Steltek gun was stolen!

--
Original update published on November 5, 2021

Why yes, yes I did always wonder about this. It actually broke the narrative world for me a little bit, as a pleasure base had a hulking security robot that looked like it could fight 10 Kilrathi, and the Marines went without anything like them I've ever heard about.

Why yes, yes I did always wonder about this. It actually broke the narrative world for me a little bit, as a pleasure base had a hulking security robot that looked like it could fight 10 Kilrathi, and the Marines went without anything like them I've ever heard about.

Yeah, I choose too look at it as opening up a whole can of interesting possibilities. This is pretty late in the war, so maybe it's a recent advancement? Could these be used in battle with the Nephilim? What if there are all kinds of advanced robotics, but you only see them on lavish pleasure worlds because they're too expensive to deploy to dangerous front line duty? Maybe they don't actually work very well at combat and they're more of a prestige piece? I mean, his gun was stolen, after all.

Back