Righteous Fire... that's it?!

That's an interesting way of looking at it -- I can't really think of a series that had more mass media spinoffs than WC... (Ultima comes *close*).

The holiday special is just *weird*, though. It's two solid hours of both boredom and an incredible sense of 'what the hell were they thinking?' mixed together. Everyone should see it.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
I wonder... would anyone buy a WC game if it "updated" an old title? For instance, if Priv and RF were to fly using the engine that Prophecy used, with 3D acceleration, and everything?
I'd buy it as part of the collection and maybe also because of the gameplay changes.
But i know I'd hate it to have the same story in two presentations. Kills the feeling of playing through all parts from start to end. I'd much much more like a (bad) new game then an updated one.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The holiday special is just *weird*, though. It's two solid hours of both boredom and an incredible sense of 'what the hell were they thinking?' mixed together. Everyone should see it.
The Boba Fett short was nice. Otherwise, the thing is pretty much some weird 70's variety show.

Originally posted by junior
There have been 8 Zorks (not including the Enchanter series - Enchanter is arguably Zork 4)?

I'd count it. IMHO, those three games are more tied into the Zork universe than Privateer 1 is in the WCU.

What about Mortal Kombat? It didn't start off on the PC, but it has put out about a half dozen games and exists on multiple platforms including PC. Additionally its offshoots include an animated series (1 season), a live action show (1 season, but nice finale) and 2 movies. Say what you like about Mortal Kombat Annihilation, but Mortal Kombat racked up a decent box office taking. There's also a third movie in the works.

Back