Righteous Fire... that's it?!

Saturnyne

Vice Admiral
I've finished Righteous Fire's storyline... shot down Jones, and gotten the credits chat from Terrel.

That's it???

Where the hell did my Steltek gun go? I thought a big part of the story was finding the bloody thing. Did I miss something?

As a superfluous message, I love New Detroit. So much rain. :)

Saturnyne: If you listened ridiculously carefully to the informer, he says that the guns and the blueprints would be destroyed. It was a more or less big part of the story... I mean, you DID hike all across Gemini to find clues. Almost.

Originally posted by Mystery muppet
Saturnyne: If you listened ridiculously carefully to the informer, he says that the guns and the blueprints would be destroyed. It was a more or less big part of the story... I mean, you DID hike all across Gemini to find clues. Almost.

Listening ridiculously close to the informer reveals that all COPIES of the technology and their blueprints will be destroyed.

I'd love to fly the random missions and stuff... no game has offered as much freedom to do whatever you want as Priv has. Too bad you can't go into the topless bars on the pleasure bases though. :(

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Yeah, I found the conclusion to Righteous Fire wasn't all that good.... I guess I just needed more closure than that! LOL

Originaly they were working on a privateer sequel around the same time as WCIV which was not Priv2. The darkening was never intended to be a privateer sequel. But the privateer sequel was scraped. So they had probably intended to continue the storyline there. oh well.

AD

(if your interested, I read that in an iterview with... um now I dont remember the name but he was working on the project and also worked over at Digital Anvil later on.. Guess I will have to find the article again)

Originally posted by AD
The darkening was never intended to be a privateer sequel.
I think what you mean is that The Darkening was not originally intended to be P2 (at least from what I read). For whatever reason they merged the two into one game. And I wouldn't be surprised to learn that TD was well into development when it was turned into P2TD. Hence the (arguably) little resemblance to the known WC universe that has become so heatedly debated a topic here.

I wonder... would anyone buy a WC game if it "updated" an old title? For instance, if Priv and RF were to fly using the engine that Prophecy used, with 3D acceleration, and everything?

Why do people keep asking that question -- about updating old WC games? You're asking the 200 people who are still following the damned series four years after they stopped making games... the answer will always be "Yes, of course I'll buy that" no matter what it is.

I, for one, would not. I just could not see shelling out good money for an old game (same story, same voice, same missions) that has just been spruced up graphically. Well, maybe I would if my choices were that or Deerhunter.:D

People say they'd like an update, but the few times this has occurred seems to say otherwise.
The only two examples I can think of were Seven Cities of Gold, and Archon, and in both cases, the results were very disappointing.
Sure, the original game with spruced up graphics has its appeal, but what people really want is EVERYTHING updated. Graphics, features, equipment, storyline.
Of course, by the time that's happened, what you're basically looking at is a sequel.

hm... well, I ask because people ate up the "update" of Wolfenstein.

In any case, I remain disappointed - I wanted my Steltek gun back. The main directive of the story, and I didn't get it! Heh... oh well, it seems like it's a curve ball thrown in the WC universe. Normally, you get to finish off whatever it is you set out to do, but not this time.

RTWC is a sequel tho. The storyline isn't the same as the original (not that the original had much of a storyline).

Originally posted by Saturnyne
hm... well, I ask because people ate up the "update" of Wolfenstein.
Why would you call the new Wolfenstein an update? It is a different game from the original (not to mention that it includes multiplayer capabilities). But also, it's a shooter - there is little or no story involved in most shooters that I've played (Half-Life aside). Most shooters are pretty much the same to me: Kill, find a key, Kill, Kill, open a door, kill, kill, fight boss monster - rinse & repeat.

Originally posted by Marcml30

there is little or no story involved in most shooters that I've played (Half-Life aside).

Had you heard something called, Dark Forces,Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the sith?

Back