Request for WC3 Poster Scans

The Dralthi is 31 meters long!?!?! WHAT THE!

That's huge for a medium fighter! It's a meter shorter than the Excalibur and the Excalibur is already fricken big.

That means to scale in my video, it's going to be nearly 2x the size of a Vampire fighter!?

:confused:

Hey Cam, I suppose you've already had a look at the Dralthi pics in the Ships Database?

Originally posted by Cam
Any and all screencaps of the Centurion from Privateer would be good too.
LOAF had an ultra high res picture at this thread: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?s=&postid=84577#post84577

I know it's no longer up there, but I still have the picture at home. I suppose you can ask LOAF for it, but if you haven't got it by the time I'm online next (which could be a while), I'll try to send you it.

As for relative fighter sizes, I'm sure you can get away with scaling them to what looks sensible.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I can't PM LOAF or email him since I don't know his email, please email me the picture ASAP! :D Thanks man! From what I read in the other thread, the picture will be MOST helpful when I get to modeling the Centurion for one of my scenes. Oooh yeah!

;)

You can email to camw@shaw.ca

LOAF was supposed to post or email me some pics of the Dralthi as well but I guess he forgot. :rolleyes:

I can't say how soon I can get it to you - I'm in the uni library at the moment, Internet access from home has run dry...

Hrm well as soon as possible would be great Wedge. :)

I still have to go through the Darket, Vaktoth and a Strakha before I get to the Centurion so, you got some time. :D

Almost Done!

:D

The model is about 90% complete. Just gotta add some more detail to the wing area (the dark parts on the wing at the moment) and double check to make sure the mesh is accurate. Soon, SOOOON I can begin the texturing process. :)

dralthi.wip05.jpg

Re: Almost Done!

Originally posted by Cam
:D

The model is about 90% complete. Just gotta add some more detail to the wing area (the dark parts on the wing at the moment) and double check to make sure the mesh is accurate. Soon, SOOOON I can begin the texturing process. :)

dralthi.wip05.jpg

Lookin' good :D

hmm... I can't quite tell from that shot if you've done any detailing on the cockpit guns there... Here's a horrible ref. shot of them that won't help you at all!

guns.jpg

Clipped from the larger image: http://blacklance.org/TC/dralthi/dralthismall.jpg

Edit:

I did the Vaktoth stuff... The multi-view one is about twice as large as requested, due to the crappiness of my scanner in hopes of giving you some space to play with it. I'll also note that the Kilrathi ships don't have a combination front/back view like the Confed ones I've given you from Warbirds before. They only have a front view. I assume this is because the artists got lazy.

http://www.blacklance.org/TC/dralthi/vaktoth-views.jpg
http://www.blacklance.org/TC/dralthi/vak.jpg

Wow thanks TC!!! Those will be very handy. Can you get any of the Darket??

By the way, I didn't like the guns on the WC3 version of the Dralthi so I decided to just keep them more cylindrical.

Originally posted by Cam
Wow thanks TC!!! Those will be very handy. Can you get any of the Darket??

Yeah, definitely... I was going to get to them later.

Cam, check your e-mail.

For anyone else who still wants the Centurion. Just remember, I didn't make 'em, AFAIK, they're original models from Origin, which LOAF has the privilege of possessing.

AHAHA

My god, THAT's an original Origin mesh??? Jesus, I'm going to have a ball redoing them to my quality. *shakes head in disgust*

Anyway, thanks Wedge! That pic of the Centurion will be great for reference (although I wonder if the images on the Privateer manual are more accurate). :)

Originally posted by Cam
My god, THAT's an original Origin mesh???

From a game released in '93... made to have shots taken of it to turn into rather low quality sprites... They're much prettier than the ones for Wing Commander 2.

Back