Replica planes

Hehe. A kid in the '80's. Pup.

I guess either it wasn't there yet when I went, or I stupidly missed it somehow.

Now you've got me all sad, depressed, and suicidal.

But you see what I meant about them being kind of hard to come by.

Originally posted by Ripper

Me262's
I don't think that there is even one example in the whole world that is capable of flight.

(Something I'd like to change, eventually, bythe way.)

The only one I've seen was temporarily at the Warbirds Museum around the Cape Canaveral area in Florida. They have volunteer mechanics that work on older aircraft, and they were replacing parts for the '262 when I saw it. It was in primo condition, except they had to machine their own tail section for it.

Also, Delta...why not buy your very own F5 from the US government? There's a guy here in T-Town that got one for $4 mil and painted it black (looks awesome!). I'm planning on doing the same thing when they offer F16s like they did the F5. I'm also gonna get me my very own nuke! (I hear they come with Happy Meals[tm] down at McD's in Chechnya!)

Serious about the F5 though.

Originally posted by Wulf

Also, Delta...why not buy your very own F5 from the US government? There's a guy here in T-Town that got one for $4 mil and painted it black (looks awesome!).

F5 was a cheap fighter designed as an export plane. I can't see why it would be difficult to get your hands on one, other than their age. Considering that he got it from our government, are you sure it wasn't a T-38? (pretty much the same thing, I know)

And as far as painting it black goes, wouldn't that make it a Mig-28?

:D

And if you want an F-16, talk directly to the manufacturers.
If you can afford one, I don't see why the government would object to a private citizen owning an export model that's been stripped of all of the weapons.

I'm sure if someone was related to Bill Gates, it would be no problem. Heck, he'd probably give one away as a stocking stuffer!:D

Yes, you could. But as long as you're planning a business involving planes, look into Air Combat USA out of Fullerton, CA, and see about doing something along those lines. I understand they do a real good business.

http://www.aircombatusa.com/

Back