Release Date?

Thank you

Thanks AD!

Not the news that I was hoping for, but I guess that I'll get to see it when it comes out in North America, unfortunately most likely on DVD. Groan!

Best,

Erin.

Waiting here in Australia as well, hope it doesn't end up being a torrent download

It's potentially playing in the WT OS int. film festival in Norway at the start of November as well.

Norwegians rejoice! The official selections list has been released and Outlander is confirmed to be playing at the Festival. The Festival runs from November 5th to the 9th in the city of Os.

PLEASE WILL SOME ONE TELL ME WHEN THIS OUTLANDER MOVIE IS COMING OUT,
TO WATCH OR BYE?
I WOULD BYE IT AND A POSTER!

PLEASE WILL SOME ONE TELL ME WHEN THIS OUTLANDER MOVIE IS COMING OUT,
TO WATCH OR BYE?
I WOULD BYE IT AND A POSTER!

I assume you mean "when will it be out in the US." If you are lucky (subjective) enough to live in Russia, then it opened this weekend. It wasn't a huge release but it is playing in quite a few theaters. Or it's been playing in Kuwait, opened last weekend in Lithuania, and played in Latvia in July. A whole bunch of asian countries are opening the film this month and next, and spain is supposed to open at the end of the month.

As far as north america, I really really wish I could say, but it seems the Weinsteins are happy to sit on it for the time being until who knows when. Rumor is though that their financial troubles are what's making them move some of their other releases into 2009 as well (such as Fanboys, which got moved *again* ).

found it

The dvd is ready for pre-order at any Blockbuster store $5.00 down
$17.99 on 11-18-08.

I live in Canada and I don't think I've seen the movie in any of the blockbuster fliers that show all of the upcoming movies. The US release date for movies usually correlates with that of the one in Canada. I was wondering if any Canadians got their hands on a copy of if someone could tell me the possible release date of the movie here (Seeing as the villiage was filmed here). I was an extra :(

Looks like we might be getting Outlander in theaters here in Canada on January 23rd! I hope this turn out to be true. Aliance films is distributing. They have the canadian theatrical rights to all weinstein co. movies.

You can read a little more about this on the main page.

That's fantastic news! I'm sure the crew at Spin will be psyched to hear it. Hopefully it'll be showing on at least a screen or two in Toronto and Vancouver! It's interesting that it will be competing with some other work that Patrick Tatopolous and Howard were involved in. There is at least one other person I know who worked on both films as well, here in Toronto.

Best,

Erin.

Seems like Jan 23rd is the release date for all of north america. The weinsteins are releasing through their third rail arm in the US though so it's probably a limited release in the US... we don't have info on numbers of screens or locations yet.

Elsewhere Brazil and possibly Portugal will get the film in one way or another on Feb19th. India on Jan 23rd. The UK on Feb 20th. Malaysian is next weekend. Signapore is Jan 8th.

There's a more complete list in the FAQ that is linked from the main page.

Just watched the movie last night and came out very, very impressed. Surprisingly, the cinema was packed even though there was practically no marketing done for the movie over here. None that I noticed, anyway (and I go to the movies a lot). I only found out about the movie by chance when I browsed the cinema's website on what was available on Tuesday night (World of Warcraft server maintenance time in Malaysia). Best sci-fi/fantasy movie I've seen in years. I'll probably go watch it again next Tuesday night, ~~~.

Back