Release date announcement #2!

I'd not mind having the release date moved, since holidays are still long. Please don't rush, for god's sake, for I've seen too many promising games losing potential by rushing.

We have no intention of releasing a half-finished game because it'd be, essentially, throwing away the years of hard work we've put into Standoff already... but we certainly have no intention of working on it forever either. :p

(Contrary to popular belief, people don't push back release dates because they like to come up with stories about "real life" and "free time" - generally, they're *more* interested in releasing a good game as soon as possible than the players are. :p)

Yeah. I mean, we would have released this episode several months ago, if only it had been finished several months ago.

I blame the stupid people that decided you can't buy food without money, and you can't have money without work. It's all their fault.

But yeah, also leprechauns.

No No, bunnies fault, hey did you ever wonder why they eat so many carots? Why do they need so good eye? BEWARE THE BUNNIES!!!!!

I just finished playing the prologue for the first time & was very impressed with it.
I waited this long to play it, because I didn't want there to be too long of a pause between playing the prologue and series A
(imagine playing the first 7 missions of WC3 & then having to wait a year for the rest, it would drive me nuts)
The story al well as the graphics were way better than you'd expect from a fan-made project, most of the voice acting was really good too.

I can't wait for the 10th of august !

Confed said:
(imagine playing the first 7 missions of WC3 & then having to wait a year for the rest, it would drive me nuts)
Hate to point this out, but... after episode 2, you'll have to wait for episode 3... and then for episode 4, and then for episode 5 :p.

Seemss you guys have gotten most of the hard stuff done, it should be an easier ride for the next episodes.

I imagine the stuff that'll be holding us up in the next episodes will be the same stuff that held us up for this episode - cutscenes and music. Yes I do take responsibility for being a contributor to the delay between episodes 1 and 2 with the music, but hey... its a lot of work :p

And with this post, I announce my second reappearance to the forums after a long time of being silent. Hi everyone again!

Confed said:
I just finished playing the prologue for the first time & was very impressed with it.
I waited this long to play it, because I didn't want there to be too long of a pause between playing the prologue and series A
Whoa, if you were willing to wait so long to play it, you could as well have waited a few days more for Episode 2 before you play the Prologue... because Episode 2 also brings enhancements to the Prologue retroactively :p

I guess that you'll now be tempted to delete your savegames and start over again ? :p

Chicken said:
Seemss you guys have gotten most of the hard stuff done, it should be an easier ride for the next episodes.

You got it right, Ep. 2 has not only the campaign, missions, it also has 10 simulator missions, most of them with unprecedented replaying value, I might say ;)... and because of that they take a lot more time to de-bug and balance the difficulty. I am pretty sure Eps. 3, 4 and 5 will be released in much less time.

Edit: And listen to PopsiclePete... Wise words. :D

Yep, the remaining episodes should go much quicker... each of them has only twice as many campaign missions as episode 2 :p.

(but yeah, at least the simulator will be behind us)

Back