Reaper gun

Pretty much any story you hear about things changing between the games because of 'cost cutting' or 'technical issues' is entirely fandom-created... there's generally no canon backstory for why a gun or a fighter doesn't show up again simply because there's no reason to mention it in later game manuals. :) So 'the Bearcat had engine problems!' and 'the Reaper cannon is too expensive!' don't necessarily have a basis in WC-reality.

(As an aside, the 'more kills than all other guns combined' is one of my least favorite facts... but I guess it can be true. It's just weird.)

Edited to add: Yes, the Armada Wraith does have Reaper cannons.

cheers for the heads up LOAF,

i gathered that, guess i was just wondering on what was the "official fandom" on this issue, as there seemed to be conflicting sources of info..

guess i'll just have to make something up so i can sleep tonight. :eek:

I have to agree on the reaper guns fact, it certainly is hard to believe, but that's what the book says...

In WCII they said the particle gun had practically replaced the neutron, but in WCIII the old neutron was still holding steady.

At least in the German PC version of WCIII the Hellcat carries Neutrons and Ions (though the manual doesn’t say so) and the Longbow carries Neutrons and Plasmas (both in-game and stated in the manual).

Gah, sorry, didn't mean to imply what I did - I was trying to say that the Neutron Gun only shows up in the weapons data (in the manual) in the console version.

Ah yes, I see, sorry.
Has the console manual a text and/or stats for the Neutron Gun? I'd like to see it, if possible (without buying it!).

The WC3 PSX has a Neutron Gun text (which is what I was trying to say, but I certainly phrased it wrong). I can type it up when I'm at home.

Indeed it would. There is an empty space where the Neutron Specs should have been on the Victory Streak... Spooky.

Really? Or is it a joke? Because I don't remember any empty space in my manual (which I can't check at the moment). :confused:

It is right there... on the botton of page 34, under Meson Blasters. The guns are in alphabetical order, mesons, neutrons and then the particle gun on top of page 35.

As promised, the Victory Streak Neutron Gun entry (per the PSX and 3DO versions of the manual):

Neutron Gun
The neutron gun was specifically created as a weapon for medium and heavy fighters when the war first began. It releases energized blasts of charged neutrons, drawing more power than either the ion cannon or laser. The refire rate for this gun type is slightly slower, but the extended range of the neutron gun more than makes up for the difference.

Penetration........60
Energy..............15nJ
Range...............4000k
Refire Delay.......45 sec

Neat, so that means the Hellcat is much better armed than the Arrow than I originally thought. Always knew it took out targets faster than the penetration numbers for the Ions (WC3) and Neutrons (WC2) seemed to indicate :D.
Oh and BTW, 45 sec refire? :) That would suck.

C-ya

Bandit LOAF said:
As promised, the Victory Streak Neutron Gun entry (per the PSX and 3DO versions of the manual):

Neutron Gun
The neutron gun was specifically created as a weapon for medium and heavy fighters when the war first began. It releases energized blasts of charged neutrons, drawing more power than either the ion cannon or laser. The refire rate for this gun type is slightly slower, but the extended range of the neutron gun more than makes up for the difference.

Penetration........60
Energy..............15nJ
Range...............4000k
Refire Delay.......45 sec

Neat, thanks.

Somehow, the Neutron Gun was always one of the most likeable weapons for me. But wasn't it created in 2621 or something like that? Don't remember the SM question so well. And 4000 klicks range? Wow, in the Hellcat/Longbow I always had the impression that the Neutron Gun still had that crappy range from 2500. But hey, it is his good right to evolve! :)

Indeed, it was because I believed that the Neutron gun had short range that I thought that it sucked that the WC3 Hellcat had Ion/Neutron instead of Ion/Particle like the WC4 version. Also, 60 damage? All the info on CIC claims that the Neutron gun does 30 damage at an energy consumption of 20 in WC3 (DOS version).

Back