really fantastic music update

You can see Blair's, Maniac's and Angel's nose art on those Movie postcards available from the Wing Commander site.

And as for the person under TC's name, she's probably that Kerri-Lee persona that... certain... people here are obsessed with :).

Probably. But even I realised she wasn't Kerri-Lee - in any case, if she was, she'd be under LOAF's name. :)

For some reason, she reminded me of Lea Thompson from Back to the Future and Caroline in the City.

Yeah it was pretty obvious it wasnt TV's Kerri-Lee but it didnt make me think of Lea Thompson, shes a red head :)

It was her face that made me think that way. I don't watch Caroline in the City, but I think her hair is reddish brown in that. I've got no idea. I guess we'll never know who TC's rank was. :(

Any chance you could split up the files? There's no way I can manage 21MB. :( Resumed downloads never work for me.

[Whoops, I did a TC. I was replying in regards to the original topic.]

[Edited by Wedge009 on 04-04-2001 at 03:21]

Maybe if we bug LOAF about it enough he'll just get sick of it and tell us?:)

Instead of "are we there yet?" its "who was it LOAF?"

Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf?

Hmm, better still, any chance you guys could compress the MP3s and the Academy episodes into ZIPs? I know the compression won't reduce their size much, but at least the .ZIP extension would fool my accursed proxy...

Well... it'd be a pain to actually make them zips, since we have them uploaded somewhere and then just shift them over... but we could rename them into .zip files.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf? Who was it Loaf?
That's it... you just blew our last chances away with that, Supdon... :)

AFAIK, no ZIPs, MP3s, WAVs, AVIs and probably many more are allowed to be downloaded through my uni's comp department. :(

Renaming them to .ZIP would probably work... but hmm, I see that for some people (Wedge) even that would be insufficient. How about *.BAK? I'm sure that would get through even Wedge's proxy :). Anyway, if you guys could do something like that, LOAF, it would be much, much, much appreciated :).

I had the exact same problem with my University. The only downloads that are allowed are "work and study related", and only from approved sites. All those lovely fast connections going to waste. :(

Luckily though, my hometown is the same city as the country's best university, so I was able to use my family's computer at home while I studied. I don't think I would have gone through six years of WC deprivation and remained sane. :)

Best, Raptor

[Edited by Raptor on 04-05-2001 at 02:50]

Of course, it's reasonable that the uni puts restrictions, else "all those lovely fast connections" would be abused - they're already are, there's so many stupid people playing online games and such. (Nothing like UO, though)

Back