Real Life Mandarins

also don't forget that if the resistance didn't like you, they would say you were working with the germans and *deal* with you.

Had no idea about any of this. Honest. But in any case, I feel that anti terrorist actions are justified. I simply cannot see how they cannot be.

Have you ever heard of the Patriot Act? Read into that, and see how much you like "Anti Terrorist" actions then. Also, how do you retailiate against terrorism? You don't. There is no nation of terrorism. Going to war is just going to provoke more terrorism, though it seems like that's what the Bush administration wants.

Fighting terrorist organisations like the Taliban and Al Quada certainly cannot be disputed as not good. Are you proposing to stop America from protecting against terrorism full stop?

hitler didnt lose the battle of britain, because he didnt fight it, what happened back then was a simple air supremacy thing, designed to keep us from causing any more damage to him. we were an insect pissing him off while he fought russia, he simply sprayed insecticide at us. it wasnt a "must crush the english" it was a "oh sod off will u! ur pathetic attacks are getting annoying"

hitler was far too interested in winning the war with russia to care a tuppence what happened in england. he wanted us to surrender, he didnt want to fight us, furthermore he expected us to surrender, and he didnt expect operation overlord which is exactly why we even won world war 2, not due to the american forces, not due to massive courage and guts and expence of life. but due to the simple fact that he was busy crushing russia and had nothing but a rear guard covering us. the fact is, that if hitler had been anything like as good a general as he thought he was, or if hed listened to his generals. then world war 2 would have been won by the germans.

finally bush and indeed american governments for the past century have been selling weaponry and funding militaristic countrys all over the world. in the words of the new bond movie (which is crap) "when are you gonna stop trying to police the world" the sooner the americans realise that they have the midas touch, or more specifically something akin, ie they break everything they touch the better!

finally (extra post to stress the point) the taliban WAS NOT A TERRORIST ORGANISATION!

american governments funded both the taliban and via buying oil bin laden, in fact i believe that bin laden was personally funded at one time or another by the states.

oh and hussein isnt mad, hes just determined.

1st, the united states never funded the taliban. we founded the resistance fighters that were fighting the soviet union and when they pulled out, the resistance broke and the taliban was formed from one of the factions. bin laden was one of those resistance fighters and so, yes the US indirectly funded bin laden. Second, yes we funded bin laden by buying oil cause the whole fucking country of Saudia Arabia is related to each other and the money we gave them they gave to bin laden. and Hussien is a psychopathic homicidal insaine son of a bitch

and on the history lesson, i am going to try to settle this once and for all. i am paraphraseing from the book "WW2 A Photographic History"by David Boyle, so I am not making this stuff up.
19 July 1940-Hitler warned that if Britian didn't accept his peace terms there would be "unending suffering and misery" Britian rejects peace terms
Operation Sea Lion (invasion of Britian) set for 15 September
13 August 1940-germans launch 1st air attack and the Battle of Britian is on
October 1940 (no specific day given) Hitler postpones invasion indefinantily due to fact that air superiority has not been gained. Battle of Britian over. up to this point germans lost 1733 aircraft Br. 915 the 'Blitz' begins
June 1941-air raids on Britian slack off as germany prepares for attack on russia
22 June 1941 Hitler launches attack on Russia
(end of book)
now, 8 months after the battle of britian is over, hitler and stalin are at war. untill then, they were mistrustful allies. and personally, if someone plans an invasion and loses 1733 planes trying to acheive air superiority so he can launch said invasion, i really don't think it is just a swat at annoying incects and being distracted by russia. and hitler did expect operation overlord, he just thought it would come at Calais, not normandy. and in the western theater of operations there were some of the most elite divisions of the german army, including the Panzer Lehr division. and if it wasn't for american forces and massive courage, guts, and loss of life, and stupidity of Hitler, the war would have been lost
here endith the lesson

Yes, they were. If I can put everyone on the spot for a moment, I have a question. Yes or no, do you think that the world should not fight terrorism full stop? Should countries not protect it's people from terrorist attacks?

hell yes. if a country doesn't have the guts to protect its citizens, they deserve anything that happens to them. and nobody can say the united states ain't got the guts.

hmm, well to quote the book "world war 2 and the rise of communism" by the author david J sharpe, who just happens to be my step dad i think ull find sea lion started AFTER the assault on russia was commenced, r u english aries? did ur grandparents fight in the war u seem to know so much about, was one of ur grandfathers a weapons rigger for the raf during the battle of britain and also in africa?

please dont try and lecture me

Do you think because your parents or step father were in the war or wahtever they did, you know more than him or you are right and he don´t....that is pathetic

Originally posted by Madman
hmm, well to quote the book "world war 2 and the rise of communism" by the author david J sharpe, who just happens to be my step dad i think ull find sea lion started AFTER the assault on russia was commenced, r u english aries? did ur grandparents fight in the war u seem to know so much about, was one of ur grandfathers a weapons rigger for the raf during the battle of britain and also in africa?

please dont try and lecture me
I read in a book that Desert Storm didn't actually happen, that it was something the media made up. And, regardless of whether we believe in evolution or creation, the guy that wrote the book is probably related to me in some way. Does that mean that Desert Storm actually didn't happen? Nope, it's just something some guy wrote.

That having been said, while your arguments about why you're right are silly, you may well still be right... I think I also read somewhere that Sea Lion was supposed to be in 1941. But indeed, both 1940 and 1941 could be correct - since the operation never actually happened, we can only discuss it based on known plans for it, and these plans would have undoubtedly changed a lot, especially since the attack on France was also supposed to originally take place in 1939.

no madman, i am not english. i am an american. yes, both my grandfathers fought in WW2 in the US Navy, and their brothers were in the Army. now, even though my grandfathers didn't fight for the british, i still know history (so much that my history teachers have had me teach the ww2 portion of the class) and the Battle of Britian took place in 1940 and the invasion of russia took place in 1941. and i only lecture because your facts are in error.

um ghost i said my step father happens to be a history lecturer so i think he might know, and my grandparents fought in the war so might also know when certain events happen.

Still that doesn´t make sense, you step father could know, and your grandparents also could know, but that doesn´t means that you know.
The knowledge assimilation isn´t an osmosis process, nor ruled by the heritage laws.

Back