Rapier or Raptor?

Firing the old guns three times a second would outpace the shield recharge. Without diverting more power to guns, the Raptor will never break through completely.

And neither of them are enough? Wow. Well I guess even the Border Worlds and Landreich have to do a little upgrading on the stuff they get. In fact we know they do. Hehe remember the Ferret with the Corvette engine?

Originally posted by Supdon3
Hehe remember the Ferret with the Corvette engine?

Er...no, I don't. Could somebody please tell me? Please? :)

"Machines don't fly themselves, Admiral"

"Right. Quite right.

It is the men isn't it?"

Originally posted by Newcommanderondablock
Would you prefer the Rapier or Ratptor to be a quick cheap-to-make fighter and would you prefer the oposition to be either the Krant or Gratha?

Going back to this...I'm voting Rapier. I mean, I love the Raptor as much as the next guy (whoever THAT is ;) ), but I frankly can't imagine a heavy fighter, because no matter how more heavily shielded, faster, newer, better...wait, I'm rambling.

I'm just saying that even though the Raptor is older, and no matter how superior the Rapier might be (and I'm not saying the Raptor sucks, believe me :) ), I just can't imagine a heavy fighter ranking over a medium as the Sherman Tank of Wing Commander, if you get my drift ;). Anyway, the Rapier is more maneuverable, which for me is a must in a cheopo fighter. :)

By the way, I'm just curious, which Homeworld fighter are these going to replace? I don't have Homeworld (played the demo, though), but I support you FA guys all the way. I'd end with some quote here, but for the life of me, I can't think of any :). Ciao.

The Ferret-corvette appears in the Fleet Action novel, as part of the Landreich's fleet's unusual array of... oddities.

Back