Rapier or Raptor?

Newcommanderondablock here

The WC FA mod would like your opinion.
Would you prefer the Rapier or Ratptor to be a quick cheap-to-make fighter and would you prefer the oposition to be either the Krant or Gratha?

Even if you dont have Homeworld, i would still like your opinion and it will be accounted for.

Thanks

The Raptor is better then the Rapier (my opinion). Hold the trigger, and when you hit a cat good you may not need to hit him again :)

The Krants and Gratha's in WC i can't seem to remember those, played to much SWC. But the Gratha's there were most of the time sitting ducks, same as the Yalthi.

The Raptor being older and less agile, would probably be the cheap fighter. Rapier is newer, so should cost more.

Best, Raptor

Depends on the timeframe... if this is WC1 era, the Raptor would be the cheaper ship. In WC2, the Rapier would certainly be more appropriate.

As for the Krant or Gratha -- I'm not sure either fits the bill, as both are top of the line kitty fighters. The Dralthi is their cheap, expendable medium fighter...

The Raptor was a much better fighter than the Rapier and it was presumably cheaper (getting it ealier in game) - Choose Raptor.

The Gratha was more powerful and better armoured than the Krant but more expensive, it best equals the Raptor - Choose Gratha

[Edited by Royal_Marine on 04-14-2001 at 16:29]

Im not sure any of these fighters are 'cheap'. The Raptor was a heavy fighter, well armed and armored. The Rapier was amedium fighter, packed the guns of a heavy fighter, but less armor. The Rapiers would be cheaper, but they have beeen done to death (as was pointed out). The Krant was a medium fighter, Gratha a heavy fighter. But if I were you, Id go with Dralthi as LOAF pointed out. They were the cheaper Kat fighters. Actually, the real cheap Confed ships were Scimitars, they equally matched the Dralthi, but were decommissioned in SM2. So I guess those are the choices you got.

BTW, the REAL cheap fighters (talking cannon fodder cheap) were Confed-Hornet, Kilrathi-Salthi. 2 lasers and weak armor/shields.

BTWA, There is no Yalthi class fighter Ice :)

Go for the Raptor! And the medium-class Krant should be less expensive than the heavy-class Gratha...

ok this is for the FA mod which has ships from every time period, and also the cheapness is from a comparitive look at the prices. That said my personal choice is for the Raptor as already stated because it looks good as well as the fact that I like heavier ships.

The Rapier is probably the most expensive Confed fighter in WC1, as well as the most advanced... Heavy weapons and armor; excelent speed and agility... a outstanding fighter.
The Raptor and the Gratha are standard heavy fighters.
The Krant is, as I think, a "space superiority medium fighter", but probably cheaper than the Gratha.

Raptor.

wonder what a raptor in my hands could do against a vampire. providing the raptors guns could actually do anything.

Well if you gave the Raptor the latest metal grade armor and power plant it might be able to do alot. Im sure if ConFed were to build more they would add those improvements. Then it would come down to who is flying them.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Well if you gave the Raptor the latest metal grade armor and power plant it might be able to do alot. Im sure if ConFed were to build more they would add those improvements. Then it would come down to who is flying them.

I wasn't talking about armour. would the raptors guns do anything? would the damage and refire rate if fired against a stationary vampire cause a shield drain greater then the recharge rate?

I think so. In False Colors the Independence was using Raptors and Hornets against WC3 era Kilrathi fighters. They weren't quite as effective but they could still take em out. It would take a little bit more but a Raptor could undoubtable destroy a Vampire that was just sitting there.

[Edited by Supdon3 on 04-15-2001 at 01:55]

Back