Query about Vesuvius class carriers

Dervish

Spaceman
At the time of WC4, they were considered top of the line. Were any Vesuvius class carriers commissioned anytime between WC4 and the end of Secret Ops (books included; I don't have any WC books)? I notice when you click on Confed ships during the Secret Ops era on the wcnews.com shiplist, it lists the Vesuvius class carrier, but I haven't seen one in Secret Ops, and yet I completed the game. If more existed, did they get volcano names like Mauna Loa and Ruapehu?

The TCS Eisen, which you hear of in Prophecy, is supposedly a Vesuvius class carrier.

Dervish said:
I notice when you click on Confed ships during the Secret Ops era on the wcnews.com shiplist, it lists the Vesuvius class carrier, but I haven't seen one in Secret Ops, and yet I completed the game.
A Vesuvius (the St. Helens IIRC) is destroyed by the Nephilim in a cutscene. Theres some kindof cheat that lets you fly around during this cutscene, trying to save the doomed carrier.

C-ya

LOAF has a list of all the confed carriers that we know of....I forget the link to it though....

Fleet Tactics has lots of info on Capship names and classes, pity it is set a lot earlier than WCP.

Victory is a light carrier. And the Intrepid was a destroyer converted into a half-ass light carrier. Both of them do not qualify to be on the Fleet Carrier list.

The Intrepid was good enought to take a Confed Cruiser head on, but it's no fleet carrier.

When did the Intrepid attack a ConFed cruiser head-on? It either ran like hell from the Vesuvius, or launched its fighters for attacks.

This list is impressiv. Must have cost LOAF a lot of work.
But why are the TCS Austerlitz, TCS Moskva, TCS Viper an unknown class?
I thought the are Concordia class fleet carrier.

ChanceKell said:
When did the Intrepid attack a ConFed cruiser head-on? It either ran like hell from the Vesuvius, or launched its fighters for attacks.

In the WC4 novel it destroyed a Achilles-typ cruiser IIRC before Blair changed sides.

Edfilho said:
Anyone ever tried this? Well, it probably blows up because of a script anyway...

Sure. But you can only fly for as long as the cutscene normally lasts - maybe 20 secs or so.
And it isn't exactly a cheat. Just press F1 while the cutscene plays to get into cockpit as you'd do at any other time in the game.

Which one was which?

I seemed to me that sometimes in WC4 the Vesuvius was labeled 02. But other times I could swear it was the one labeled 01. Like in the cutscenes I think it was two, but during flight I may have destroyed one.

Back